Problem with buyer need suggestions please.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by UltimusPrime, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If I further this conversation and answer your question, you'll just pretend like I didn't answer this one as well, and pretend as if I "didn't make sense".

So, I can either explain it, and play your game, or "dumb it down" and come of negative and condescending.

I choose none of the above. Have fun. :) 

Anyways, Wolfe, how long did it take for the card to come after you ordered it?

I'm really digging the idea of being able to just debit it to my bank account immediately and not even having to wait for a bank transfer!

2. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can you file a claim that fast? Honestly, it sounds like trouble if you ask me. I'd cancel the transaction, refund the money, and call it a day. Refunds take a couple of days to process anyway.

Afterwards, you can sell ME Nemesis Prime (Classics?) for 45 dollars and I'll let you take your time lol.

However, you do have a weird payment agreement. So if you know someone, you would prefer payment as regular, BUT if you don't know someone, you want the money as a gift?:crazy: 

3. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think it took a week. Honestly, it was so long ago that I received mine that I don't remember the exact time frame. Could have been two. They have since sent me a new one just before the old one expired.

4. Triple Melter

Triple Melter EGG GANG™

Play what game? The fuck is wrong with you? I asked a question, that's all. You're the one who's replying and creating "games" in your head.

5. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ok. :) 

Nice man! Quick question - Do you have to transfer funds to your card before you can spend the money?

6. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...:popcorn 

7. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nope. It uses the balance in your paypal account.

8. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    Having bank accounts / credit / debit cards mixed with paypal is bad news.

I have one bank account and one credit card on file. I very rarely transfer funds from my paypal. I try not even to use it. Having bad experiences with them in the past taught me well about dealing with them. I left a Paypal debit card at a burger king once and cancelled it not knowing where it was until the manager returned it to me after already being cancelled.

They refused to issue a replacement.

I no longer have any plans of having a Paypal debit card as it just leads to withdrawal fees from Atm's that just eat into your money.

I would rather wait out 3-5 business days and get the full ammount without having to buy something and get cash back or get RAPED at the ATM.

With paypal less is more! Paypal gift is the way to accept payments. Less headache!

9. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've never had to cancel their card or ask for a replacement. Would be interesting to see the response they had to why they wouldn't send you one.

Every atm eats into your money. The key to using the paypal card is to use it when you plan on purchasing something with the money anyway. Grabbing something at walmart? Use the card, get x amount cash back. It's very convenient and instant access to your money when you need it. I use mine at the post office every time I go to ship a buyers package. That way their money is usually paying for the postage.

Unfortunately 3-5 business days is a headache for some people ... in this case the person buying from you.

Paypal gift is not the way to go. I would never recommend anyone to send a gift unless they know the person like family. The buyer is not protected and there are horror stories on here of people getting ripped off. I hope people really think about things before they send any money as a gift. A regular transaction protects everyone involved.

If the Seller is trying to avoid fees, crave is the way to go for a transaction (You've had experience with Crave so I am sure you know what I am talking about.). They hold the money and the buyer and seller are protected until the sale is complete.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  10. Triple Melter

Triple Melter EGG GANG™

A lot of potential buyers frown upon sellers that request the gift option though, like wolfe said, it's unprotected. They may see you as a shady seller immediately though your intentions are good.

Since you didn't respond to my q I suppose you do have an asshole of a buyer on your hands. I tried to give him/her the benefit of the doubt, that maybe you have never experienced a seemingly random paypal hold on funds and didn't realize it, which is like a three week wait on a funds transfer, and that's why the buyer got their panties in a knot. A 3-5 day wait on a transfer to bank acct should seem reasonable to anyone though.

Although I guess if you were a complete douchebag you'd assume I didn't read the original post and proceed to make yourself out to be an idiot, when in fact I was well aware of the content of the post and was making an inquiry with intent of clearing up a possible simple misunderstanding.

11. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:

There was no hold on the funds. I just transferred the money to ship the item. I would not be selling a Nemesis Prime for $45 shipped if I did not need money BADLY.

I think that might be a record for cheapest Nemesis Prime on this board to be honest with you. And I shipped it Priority to Hawaii.

And I do not know what this calling me a douchebag about is but nothing you have posted has any merit or is helpful at all so keep your opinions to yourself.

I explained everything clearly. Unless you are in some DRUG-HAZE and cannot comprehend what I posted originally I have no idea what you even mean or are trying to get across.

12. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    Having a paypal debit card is the devil. Making the funds easily used is a issue for me. Being able to say I will put it on the paypal card eats into money I should be using for business / collecting and not personnal use. I use money from my REAL job to pay for my living expenses. Paypal money is only used to purchase items online or from ebay. I very rarely transfer it into my bank for REAL world use. Usually I have the money in the bank to pay for shipping and cover it myself rather then use paypal funds. I did not have the funds in the bank this week as I got hit with 2 really high utility bills. 1 Water bill for $600 (toilet broke) and a $600 dollar electric bill for keeping it 60 degrees in my house the past month with 3 tv's with netflix and 2 PC's and a full Arcade running 24/7.

I kept the buyer informed the entire time and let them know I would be shipping out shortly.

They did not give me a reason for sending a replacement card. They eventually did a few months later but I cut it up as I was spending more then I should have when I had it.

Also I shipped his item and he will be receiving it within 1 week of his payment. Took 3 business days for the money to transfer. I think paying on a Friday and receiving the item the following Saturday is fast enough considering I had to wait for the money to transfer.

I have sold over 20 items on Crave. I just look for any venue to peddle whatever extra figures I have. I buy alot of collections and need to get rid of this extra PLASTIC CRACK so I can buy more! Also I want to avoid fees no matter what. Not trying to be a scalper / price jacker but I price my stuff market value or a little below and try to move them as fast as possible.

13. Triple Melter

Triple Melter EGG GANG™

LOL, I didn't call you anything. Can people on this board not read? Jeezus. I just wrote a paragraph explaining exactly what I meant. What didn't you understand?

I was only trying to be helpful in the beginning. The hell if I'll ever try that on this board again, my god.

14. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    I never corresponded with you at all in this POST. Then you come to your own conclusions about what is going on and I read something stating I was a douchebag for assuming when I never even responded to your post to begin with.

Giving the buyer the benefit of the doubt is ******ed as I explained he was a problem before in PM's in my ORIGINAL post and I just let it ride and told him how it was (His item being shipped when his money transferred)

His item is shipped reguardless and he will receive it tomorrow exactly 1 week after payment and I have not heard anything from him in 2 days so I take it he has backed off and realizes he was a ASS to begin with for even asking for a refund while the funds were in limbo.

15. Triple Melter

Triple Melter EGG GANG™

I never stated you were a douchebag, and if you didn't assume those things and then make an ass out of yourself by trying to point them out, then that paragraph probably isn't talking about you. You didn't do those things, did you? No, we can see that you didn't by looking at the thread.

So that means I wasn't talking to you. Do you understand now or do you need a more thorough explanation?

Ever bought something from someone on paypal and a hold got placed on their funds? Ever dealt with someone who'd never experienced this before and didn't realize what the hold was for? They believed they hadn't received the money yet because it didn't appear as available, and wanted to wait for the transfer instead of shipping the item. In this instance it would be fair for the buyer to request a refund.

Obviously this instance didn't happen, which was the point of my original question in this thread in the first place, to simply ask if there may have been a misunderstanding or not, and to help if there was. Calling that ******ed is just incredibly rude. I'm sorry I ever tried to offer help with my paypal experience to someone on this board.

16. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    If you were not talking to me why did you quote me when you said that in your message. I assume you were responding to my message and calling me a douchebag because that is what it says and you were quoting my post at the time.

17. Triple Melter

Triple Melter EGG GANG™

I quoted to you because part of the message was directed toward you, and I don't double post.

Also, I naturally assume people can read and comprehend simple english sentences using context clues and the like, and also consider the rest of the replies of the thread as a whole, and come to common sense conclusions. It tends to fail me.

18. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I guess i should specify that a paypal debit card is a very good option for people who want instant access and aren't worried/can control what they spend it on. I have not had a regret since I received mine years ago. Paypal has had great customer service and even did the "checking with you on purchases" a few times to make sure I was actually the one using it.

Curious question? 60degrees is comfortable for you? I know i try to keep mine at 68 during the winter and 72 ish during the summer and thats perfect for shorts and tshirts. Every person is different i think.

19. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    I live in FL it is 90 and muggy all day humid and miserable. I like to feel like I am walking into a COLD bear cave when I get home. I cannot drive in a car with the windows up so cannot use air conditioning as it makes me ill and causes motion sickness.

Also FYI I sleep with 4 fans on me at night as well. 1 Ceiling fan 1 high powered Monster fan called the Aloha Breeze that creates a hurricane when on. One fan on a w/ remote control on my night stand nest to my head and one fan on a pole all faced on me at the same time.

Guess I like to be freezing all the time.

20. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Man bro, I am the COMPLETE OPPOSITE! I literally will sleep under 3 blankets in dead summer heat. I just love the security feeling!