Problem with broken/missing pieces goods

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by lazerous8506, Sep 23, 2009.

1. lazerous8506

lazerous8506 Seacon

Just bought a G2 Bruticus and a G2 superion (top end prices i might add off ebay) and slingshots foot connector hole/back end is broken (the guy packaged it up real bad and left the appendages in the figures!), wing broken off entirely and im missing blast offs white hand gun. both were listed as complete, unbroken and near mint.

so so disappointed and upset and to cap it all off was charged $40 postage from the states (im in the uk) where the actual postage was $21.08.

messaged the seller so i'll wait and see what he says. if it all goes bad and have to start a dispute how do i go about it? never had a prob like this before.

sorry if there have been a million threads about this but i am so bloody gutted :( 

cheers
    LAZ

2. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    File a claim with paypal. It is marked as "items not as described"
    Also you can file a claim with ebay that the sell overcharged on shipping.
    It sucks when this kind of thing happens.
    Hopefully the seller will either give you some money back or a refund to make it better. If not just inform him that you are filing a claim with paypal and ebay. You will get your money back...it just might take a little while.

3. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Well yes and no on that. Ebay's policies have changed. When you file a claim and state that the item arrived broken you will more than likely have to file a claim with the post office. If you send the item back paypal will refund you the money but you will be out the shipping cost I believe. If you file a dispute with ebay regarding the overcharge on shipping all I can say is good luck. I have yet to win a battle over that topic.... I do agree contact the seller but open a dispute right away. This shows that you filed the claim when you got it not after having it a while and then breaking it yourself. You will open communications with the seller. If he does not respond, you will win. If he does respond and agrees to a partial refund (which is what usually happens) remember that slingshot it the most expensive part of that set.
    I hope this helps
    MegaMus

4. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    if the seller cant provide any proof that the items were insured, paypal will side with you. it sounds like they werent, so you should win this claim, also if he stated the items were complete and they werent paypal will also side with you. you have to just show paypal that you sent the items back to the seller once you file a claim.

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:

G2 Slingshot is a known sufferer of Gold Plastic Syndrome but it sucks you got ripped off

6. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Just out of curiosity, who is the seller?

7. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I hate when US sellers do that shit.

I send stuff overseas priority all the time and it rarely goes over 30-35 bucks.

8. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just remember it happens in both directions.

9. lazerous8506

lazerous8506 Seacon

this guy:

eBay Feedback Profile for laffinbender

The items were not insured to the full amount as if the item is not marked as a 'gift' and under £32GBP then i get taxed on it comming into the uk. so i said mark it down.
    but my problem isnt with the post office and the handling of the box, thats fine. the fact was the packing was rubbish. he used polystyrene balls that didnt fill the box so the contents were bashing about, old bubble wrap that has a quarter of the bubbles its supposed to and as i mentiond, left the add on feet and hands on the figures which didnt help at all.

thanks for the input guys!