Problem with Animated Swindle

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dally, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Dally

Dally Decepticon

Ebay:
    I picked up Animated Swindle today and was disappointed to find that the stomach piece on mine does not tab or click into the chest properly and thus gravity causes it to be partly open at all times. Is this a common problem on most Swindles, or should I return mine?

2. Trippanator

Trippanator Autobot

Ebay:
    Mine is the same so are others I have seen. So im not thinking its a QC issue

3. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    mine is the same as well.

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    It's a common problem as it doesn't tab in. For a quick "fix", after forming the chest, use your fingernail or somesuch to press down on the swivel for the chest cannon, which will cause the cannon to press against the chest, tightening the connection.

If it's real bad, I suggest using clear nail polish on the swivel point for the chest, as that will tighten up the connection. Personally, mine is loose, but stays put so I haven't done the nail polish fix.

5. Dally

Dally Decepticon

Ebay:
    Alright thanks, guys. I won't bother returning it then since the only Wal-Mart in my area with other Swindles in stock is a pretty long drive and with my luck I'd just grab a worse one.

6. Dally

Dally Decepticon

Ebay:
    Thanks for the suggestions. I put some nail polish on it a little bit ago and I'm gonna let that dry to see how it holds.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It's not supposed to click in, but just be on a tighter joint. Mine doesn't have this problem, but I do have a fix you could try: take some clear tape and cut little squares to go on the top. Layer enough and there should be enough friction to keep it shut most of the time.

8. Dally

Dally Decepticon

Ebay:
    Thanks for the suggestion! The nail polish seems to be holding it tighter now, but I'll remember about the tape if the polish starts to wear off.

9. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't have the chest problem with mine, but has anyone experienced problems posing Swindle with the leg wheels folded in?