Problem cocerning playing video files on a pc, help needed!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Recall, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I have just got a new computer (it has windows XP). Set it all up, and it works fine but whenever i try and play a video file (tried in three different programs) it either plays the video upside down or is extremly jumpy.

I've downloaded the same codecs that I had on my previous systems and the video files play perfectly on that one. So i just dont understand what the problem is. I thought it my be the drivers, but I've installed them, but it hasn't changed.

Also the web pages scroll really weirdly, like its reloading the page every time you scroll down.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

2. ShockWave_AZ

ShockWave_AZ Shock and Awe

News Credits:
    Sounds like the video driver is either not loaded or is the wrong driver.

If you right click on my computer, then left click on manage, then left click on device manager, then the plus sign next to display adapters, do you get a exclamation mark or unknown device?

3. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    exclamation mark

4. ShockWave_AZ

ShockWave_AZ Shock and Awe

News Credits:
    Ok, that means your video card does not have the right driver installed. If you dont know off-hand what type of video card you have or have a list of whats installed, try to open the case and look at the card. You should be able to see what type of card ATI or NVIDIA and hopefully a model.

If you get that info you can then go to the makers site and download the correct driver for the card.

5. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Ok, thanks very much.

6. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    You can right click on any blank area of your desktop (where you have your wallpaper) and select 'Properties'.

The tab on the far right is 'Settings'and that will show you what video card you have under "Display".