Probably my best item now...sweet for $100!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Paradigm-Shift Prime, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

So with all the G1 megatrons being taken down off ebay I for some reason messaged a guy who had just posted an mib one and told him if they took it down I'd give him $100 for it outside of ebay. He messaged back saying he'd let me know if it happened. Then 2 weeks or so later I got a message from him saying that they took it down twice and was I still interested for $100 plus shipping. So I had him send me pics of all sides of the box and then agreed ($120 total).

So I got it yesterday, it had a piece of really nasty but dry old masking tape half over the top lip of the flap, but I got that off and lightly scratched the dry tape-gew off. I'm super happy with it (assuming it is what I think it is), it is really an unused feeling Megatron, the stickers are all fresh (the decepticon stickers are a tiny bit scratched), he is shiny, his joints are TIGHT, no scratches on anything. His box is not perfect but overall quite sturdy. He is a pre-rub and so just knowing he went through an extra year or two of existing and still being in such good condition means something to me.

Can someone verify for me that his stamping variation is the early pre-tf mold or provide more info on this variation? (see pic of gun and stock)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. VIZGIX

VIZGIX Smug Bastard TFW2005 Supporter

hmm yellow eyes and code on triger...Is that G1? I thought G1 had red eyes.

Well if the box alone is real and the fig is not G1, you still got a decent deal, methinks, If it is the real deal 100%, then all I have to say is ..........gimme!

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whoa! Looking at the pictures, I got to agree that you got a sweet deal! Congrats man!

4. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes.

The cartoon version also didn't have a trigger hanging from it's crotch.

5. VIZGIX

VIZGIX Smug Bastard TFW2005 Supporter

no, I ment I saw G1 megs toys with red eyes methinks.

Anyways, AWESOME (like I am in awe.....some) DEAL MAN! GRATZ

6. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Great find! Im not all too envious though; Im happy with my MP-Megatron.

~Z

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    That's awesome! A good buy right there.

8. Futureruleroftheuniverse

Futureruleroftheuniverse Well-Known Member

well done,
    I would get that over Encore, which I'll opt for at this point in time as I have a budget.
    lucky find....great find

9. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    $100 for a vintage Meg's is a steal of a deal you got there my friend. Awesome stuff and congrats.

10. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Good job!

11. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Thanks everyone.

So this is the earliest Transformers version of Megs with that stamping, no? (no Hasbro, no dates on both gun and stock)

12. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

13. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Thanks yeah I've been on that site before, but wasn't getting links to it when reseraching on Megs.

Neither of that site nor the one it links to for futher Megs info gets into the stamping details though, other than that 'japan' = original and 'china'=reissue.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Damn! Congarts PSP always gets the goods.

I'll try to get a Encore Megatron soon,Probably for Christmas.

15. Paradigm-Shift Prime

hehe, thanks. I did fairly recently spend $80 on a loose vintage Megs though. I'd like to think however that I'm diligent and patient with my buying and ebay searching/bidding. I have a wide range of what I'm looking for (pretty much anything g1 or pre-tf in good condition that I don't already have (sometimes if i do), lately going for mib). I find that this helps, you can tell when people are bidding in a 'must have this item now' kind of way, leading them into higher and higher prices. With this one I got really lucky though, as outlined in the first post, with randomly messaging the guy and him later agreeing (I hadn't been going around messaging everyone who was posting a mib Megatron, just this one guy and it worked out).

My next best deal in terms of how little $ I paid was a vintage Devastator, complete with all weapons and cardbacks (some weapons bubbles still attached) for $42 plus shipping. It was listed only as 'devestator' (just the one word, mispelled), and I found it through the same person selling a mib blaster with 'g1 transformer blaster box' in the title and then looking at the seller's other listings. My next best item is mib jetfire, which some would consider a better one than this megs but this megs is just so mint, an early version, and even his instructions and advertisement seem like they've pretty much never been touched (oh and the clear plastic on my jetfire box is 75% detached).