probabbly the >9000th thread on the mail away

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UltraMarcus28, Nov 3, 2009.

1. UltraMarcus28

UltraMarcus28 Maximal

News Credits:
    Man i was anticipating this great new toy, something you can have fun tracking down like a N.E.S.T. operative should be doing ;) . A pretty OK set with cannon bee and soundwave, the patch is mostly all i wanted outta the set. but today i read on seibertron.com that this majestic and glamorous exclusive is the crappy ravage figure that i bought yesterday...and goodie goodie its got a matching paint job with grandmaster soundwave. So my question for you all is what did you think the exclusive was going to be and what are your basic thoughts on these shenanigans?

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    "Shenanigans"? What do you expect from a collect-three-stickers-send-them-in figure?

3. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    A new mold would have been nice, but I feel this line has been awesome, and Hasbro has given us some really nice figs (except Devy), so I can't hate too much. Plus, a chromey Ravage is kinda cool.

4. Blurrz

Blurrz cantkillprogress

News Credits:
    Well, the Ravage was nice.... although I wish it was painted like Glit(SG Ravage) or Howlback instead.

I was hoping for a Hasbro repaint of a couple of 2007 Movie Deluxes that could have had another decent repaint... Arcee,Bonecrusher, and Stockade.

Oh well.

5. UltraMarcus28

UltraMarcus28 Maximal

News Credits:
    im not really happy with my ravage, I guess the only positive about this guy is i would be glad to keep him misb, but for 50 bucks? meh...

6. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Honestly? I think people were straight-up CRAZY to expect anything other than a repaint. In the initial thread, some folks were predicting everything from a mass-release of the rare (and presumably Chevy-owned) Aveo Swerve mold to a brand new Dispensor mold.

Really? Really?!?

Just be glad it's a deluxe repaint and not, like, a "battle-damaged" repaint of a Legends mold! :) 

I WILL say, however, that it would have been nice to see a repaint that was actually a new character, versus a variation of a character that already exists. It's always nice to increase the character roster. But at the very least, this sets a precedent for more mail-away figures to come.

7. U.Magnus80

U.Magnus80 Well-Known Member

I was HOPING (irrationally I know) for a new mold. But I don't mind a repainted Ravage. I WAS hoping the repaint we got for him would be silver though

8. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

this is such an oldschool idea it just sux that its for a crapy repaint.

9. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Yeah, I think these days if they're going to make a whole new mold, they''d just sell it as a part of a line to make the most money off it. I mean even club exclusives arn't completely new molds. Though yes, they do have remolded heads usually. Now that would have been kind of cool, and maybe not too much of an expectation for a mail away...Maybe.

I will say though that the repaint of Ravage does seem kinda Crapé. I know the idea is for it to be a match with the two pack Soundwave repaint, but I still think it's rather tacky looking.

10. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    im just glad it wasn't a legend class my guess had been a scout so im ecstatic over it being a deluxe and as i don't have ROTF ravage its a win all around for me and yah a totally new mold would have been a major shock to us all at any rate im happy with the mail away and ill easily get enough stickers to send for it i just pray hasbro doesn't under estimate demand

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Wait, people were seriously expecting the mail away to be a new mold? Wow...just wow....

12. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i'll probably get it; and just keep it sealed lol those things normally go up in value pretty fast after all... :) 

13. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Meh, I like the Ravage mold well enough (though he kinda seems looseish, at least mine does, and I can't be assed to tighten his joints) and the colors are kinda nice, but having to buy the 2-pack killed the deal for me. There's enough figures I want from the subline that I'd have no problem getting enough stickers for him, but having to have the one from the 2-pack...well, I don't want the damn 2-pack.

14. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I would've liked to have a SG Ravage colored toy, but this one looks sweet with the chrome. ^_^

15. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I don't think he looks that bad.

16. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

To be honest, I'm more disappointed they didn't repaint Bumblebee into Cliffjumper for the pack. Oh, and that it looks like it might be a US only offer. :mad 

17. UltraMarcus28

UltraMarcus28 Maximal

News Credits:
    yeah that was my positive, i dont really like the toy that much anyway and having the crappy mold i wont be tempted to open it :) 

18. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

I'm still kinda up in the air on ravage. Hasbro played a smart game by putting the pamphlet in the one and only N.E.S.T. pack that didn't interest me at all . Still I might go for it if for no other reason than the novelty of an American mail away that has chrome. I can probably just give the Bumblebee away to a neighbor kid or something. (Tis the season I guess :rolleyes2 .)

I will tell you all something though. Even if you aren't all that interested in the Ravage you might want to get him anyway because I have no doubt that Hasbros "Bean-Counters" will be seeing just how well this offer goes over. If it does well then we can expect more mail away in the future. (G.I. Joe is testing this again right now too so it's not just us.) However, if they have Ravages lying around the warehouse for to long then we most likely wont see any more mail aways.

If I had my druthers I would want the next mail figure to be a repaint of movie 1 Arcee (into a non-Arcee character). Preferably Roulette since Wheelie is getting the Shadow Striker treatment. (Keep the sisters together ^_^.)

19. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Well, the original mail-aways were exclusive molds, and at the pace that Hasbro has been putting them out, it wouldn't be too surprising.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  20. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Yeah, but the original mailaways were molds that already existed but that Hasbro didn't want to sell for whatever reason. It's not like they had to pay R&D costs for Reflector or the Omnibots.