Pro Evolution Soccer

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Auto Morph, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Hi, sorry not sure if there is a thread for this already (I couldn't find anything using the search function) - I just was interested to see who else amongst the TF fan community plays this game?

2. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    I always played PES when I had my PS2 but now on my Wii I play Fifa now. I find the controls easier

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Never played it on the WII myself, but only seen the advert with all the lines all over the pitch and it looks a nightmare! Is it like that all the time or can you switch control modes?

I still have my PS2 and it's the only game I play (well, inbetween Lego releases). I do own a PS3, but will wait til next season to get the new PS3 version of Pro Evo.

[edit] Just realised you meant the WII version of FIFA! Sorry man, haven't touched a FIFA game since the Mega Drive.

4. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    I've been meaning to try this game after being fairly dissatisfied with the FIFA franchise over the years. I definitely would love a more free-flowing form of gaming football.

The way I see it is I've never played a soccer game that was the playing equivalent of Football Manager.

This may be it?

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Well, all I can say is that I've played Chamionship/Football Manager since it came out on the Amiga in the early '90's, and that to me is the ultimate management sim, especially the mid '90's versions just for sheer simplicity and fun.

And that's what's so great about Pro Evo - it is so simple, yet the controls and the gameplay flow so well that it's just like playing real football.

As someone who has played local football for almost the last 20 years, that is the highest praise I can give it.

6. starsaber888

starsaber888 Well-Known Member

i used to be a hardcore PES player, have been playing since ISS on SNES. Then PES on PSOne and PS2. Bought PES09 for xbox360 last year but switched to FIFA 10 this year mainly because FIFA runs smoother online. PES09 was quite laggy ....i still think PES is a better game but FIFA is catching up.

7. Hound02

Hound02 Well-Known Member

Yeah... I switched to Fifa 11 - it's actually brilliant. I was so gutted with PES 09 and my mates had fifa 10 - and cos you can change the controls to PES controls it just feels like a smooth transaction.

Try the new fifa demo dude - let me know what you think :) 

8. Human Beastbox

News Credits:
    I've been playing FIFA 11 for a little while now and I have to say it does seem like a huge improvement over the past few.

Goals seem less cheap and varied and I love the passing controls, as well as the team mate AI. They just tactically seem to be in better places.

There was nothing worse than a nicely measured buildup to the final third, only to find your man with the ball to have exactly ZERO support, resulting in a weak shot or no shot. Now I notice my team mates actually help and run well off the ball.

9. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

pes has always been the king of football games.

say what you want about how much better fifa is these days - all they've done is make it more like pes.

10. Human Beastbox

News Credits:
    Fact.

11. smangerbot

the online for pes has always been shocking though, this much is true. but i've only really ever played locals and it still rules in that department!

12. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I played FIFA for the first time ever a couple of weeks ago and I was so disappointed with it in comparison to PES.
    The play seems so limited and confined. It's all very neat, with nice passing, but seemed to be lacking that unpredicability that real football has, like the ball ricocheting off someone's knee or how you can score with your heel as you're falling over from a foul (a bit like a lying down scorpion kick). PES is much more fluid and like real-life. FIFA is an arcade sim.

13. Human Beastbox

News Credits:
    PES will always be more hardcore sim for sure.

FIFA is at least trying: I did laugh at the "realism" of FIFA 11 when close to three matches into my Arsenal season/career/whatever, Robin Van Persie went out with a long term injury. Then the next match, Theo! :D 

14. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    International Superstar Soccer Deluxe is where it's at.

15. smangerbot

^ remember turning the linesmen into dogs? XD