Principal shot by student in Wisconsin school

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lumpy, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
  2. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

makes me glad I work at an Elementary school. Don't hear about things like that happening much in K-5th grades thankfully.

3. Lumpy

News Credits:
  4. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What is a nice?

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    More kids should bring nice to school.

6. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Brining a Nice to school and then threatening a kid kinda contridict each other..

7. Lumpy

News Credits:
    sorry. knife...its fixed...but i do wish more kids would bring nice to school..itd be...um...nicer?

8. rattrap007

News Credits:
    aww damn. now you ruined the jokes..

9. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

And these schools shouldn't be shut down?

10. Lumpy

News Credits:
    whatdya mean?

11. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Wow. Another sign of our society's collapse into a country of blood-thirsty maniacs.

12. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    The shooting are terrible, but I think the media is going a litttle overboard. There are likly cases of this everywhere. we just hear about it more..,
    as for the 'nice' - I LOLed

13. CrackerBoy

CrackerBoy Señor Member TFW2005 Supporter

Makes me glad i don't teach.

14. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Two words: Battle Royale

Perfect solution for all these brats that want to try crap and to fix the population.

15. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

there are so many teachers now that don't allow staudents to have ANY freedom. I love my geometry teacher because he lets us choose if we want to take notes or a quiz or whatever to help US learn the lesson. But when there are schools and teacher putting pressure and rules on students until they break, and it's never small outburst. Students are like ballons, if you put enough pressure on them they'll pop, and make a loud noise. But if you don't put much pressure they'll float into the sky, like how a student will become less stressed and make better grades.

It is really tough on students today. Everyone puts everyone down. "your mom" "your gay""your ulgy" "Fag" and other inapproate language. Nobody can get along. The littles problem students have today are the ones the media make big deals about, like gangs, drugs, and sex. We all have a "good for you" look on that stuff. What the media needs to focus on is how the students treat each other, not what they do to themselves.

16. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    God, and I thought my High School was f***ed up.

Couldn't agree with you more.

17. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Kids said the same things when I was in school. You either took it like a man or kicked their ass on the playground. You didn't bring a gun and shoot them.

Kids these days are just a bunch of wusses that don't take responsibility for their actions. For example, this kid gets suspended for bringing smokes on campus. Oh no.. it's not his fault. He's gonna go shoot the principal because he's being mean to him. Gimme a break.

18. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

There's only so far that a teacher can be nice and fun like that. If the students aren't learning teachers are going to be fired, so if teachers don't want to be fired then they start to crack down on the students a little tougher. Might be a sign of the raising of standards, or it might be a sign of a general lowering of intelligence. One thing's for sure though, if teachers aren't tough enough, people will grow up using "your" when the should be using "you're" and other atrocities of that nature.

19. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Its good the media likes to inform the public, but the more publicity shootings and school violence gets, the more ideas kids get and see how other children are supposedly dealing with issues with violence.. This is terrible..

20. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Every generation says that about the next one. The premise may change - whether it's 1950's riffraff who won't obey their 10:00 curfew or it's 2000's teens who won't pull out their Ipod's earbuds - every generation rebels. Saying "those damn kids" is like giving up and saying, "Forget it. We can't help them; it's easier to just get mad at them and call them stupid." If we just agree in unison that they don't have responsibility, who's going to teach them responsibility? That's like telling a newbie who asks a question or two in TFGD that he's an idiot because everybody knows fact X or Y. :rolleyes2 

What's changed, I think, is the way parents, teachers and the media hype around activities like this at high schools. If you're some near-suicidal kid at a high school and you have even the beginnings of a scheme for deaths in your head, part of the thought process - I'd figure - is that, these days, you'll also get a whole hell of a lot of air time. People will talk for days on end following so-and-so's aggrandized murder/suicide/homicide about the safety of our children and the problems in our schools and etc., etc., etc.

There's a larger degree of sensationalism in all of this - from that retarded "no school dances because of freaking" garbage to the mass-media high school suicides/homicides to, yeah, even bringing smokes into class. The issue of a gun's presence is a wild card and hard to grapple with, but putting a child with a gun/drug overdose/pack of cigarettes in the spotlight and then broadcasting his actions in live action realtime across the country is ostensible martyrdom for unhappy or disgruntled or drug-interested or gun-enthused high school students. They know they can get somebody's attention, moreso than they could before. That's probably enticing.