Prince of Persia Trilogy HD Collection - I was robbed.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Recall, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I have the God of War collection on my PS3 and love that looks and how it was dealt with in regards to having two games on one disc so I thought the new Prince of Persia trilogy (sands of time, warrior within, two thrones) in HD by Ubisoft would be just as good. Great games given a face lift...but holy fuck was I wrong.

Fault number 1) You cannot switch between games unless you fully exit the game and power it back up. That's fucking lame. Why not just give me 3 seperate discs?

Fault number 2) The back of the box tells me this collection can be viewed at 720p, 1080i or 1080p, which is a lie. Instead we just get 720p with everything upscaled, badly, which is ok except when you actually look at it. There was no time spent giving this a face lift, the title menu's look like ass, the in game menu's look like jagged, pixelated ass. Hell the in game graphics look better on the PS2.

Fault number 3) The constant mother fucking loading. You already installed the games to my hard drive yet you have to spend forever pretending to load?

Fault number 4) The sound OMG why does everything sound like i'm underground, did I suddenly become trapped in a mine and not know about it? Everything is very tinny and echoey as if I'm in a long ass tunnel. It's very jaring and totally shit.

Fault number 5) By face lift did you mean, insert 1000 glitches? Invisible swords, scripts not running properly, camera glitches. Yes I do want to look solidely at a wall while trying to jump over a pit and carry on through the door. What's that camera you don't want to follow, that wall from 5 minutes back is still too intersting?

Seriously WTF!

Prince of Persia games have never been top notch, yet always still enjoyable to play. Yet this collection isn't the way to play it. The original PS2 versions rock, this PS3 collection is crap. Like nails in your eyes and ear rape, just leave it the fuck alone :( 

2. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

oh dear :/

i hope my copy of sly collection is half decent.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't worry at all about the Sly Collection. It is fucking sweet. Except one thing. The part about leaving the game completely to switch games (IIRC). It runs smooth, looks great, and in my case, looks awesome in 3D.

Recall, sorry about you getting robbed, but thanks for posting this, because I was on the fence about getting this, so you just saved me some cash. I'll get you a beer or two if I ever get a chance to visit.

4. magmatron

magmatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the heads up. I was gonna get this in a few weeks.

5. smangerbot

did you not have to leave the game in god of war? actually maybe there was an option on the title screen of those games to get back to the main menu.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I think so. It's been a while since I've played it. The only consolation is that these are full games, so if I started playing Sly 2, that's what I was going to be playing for a few hours. I usually wasn't flipping between part 1 and part 2 in one session.

If PlayStation Move Heroes is any indication of what Sly 4 is going to look like, then holy hell on a stick.

7. smangerbot

i never played sly when it was out originally. always wanted to. hopefully the lack of nostalgia will not make the hd 'remixes' less palatable like it did GoW.

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It won't. The controls are still tight, and the "nimble" controls make it easy to do cool shit without having to worry about the insane acrobatics (it's where they learned how to make Cole control well and balance on shit without making it annoying for the player). I would say that PT.1 is a bit tougher and less-forgiving. Sly 2 and 3 are awesome. The levels are all different capers and everyone's role is setting up for the big robbery.

9. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    You can switch games in the GoW Collection without powering off.

:lolol 

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Then it's probably the Sly one that you can't do it in.

Got Damn, I hope Beyond Good and Evil gets treated well. It's Ubisoft also. Different Dev, I think. But I'm not sure, either.

11. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I didnt know that this collection was out; is this a european release only?

12. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

damn I really want to play these games and this seemed like the easiest way to get them

13. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I had read reviews beforehand that warned the games were simply upconverted and ported instead of being remastered in HD. It was the exact thing I was worried about after the GoW collection. Thankfully, the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus are being completely remastered to run in HD instead of simply being straight up ports like the PoP collection.

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now those, I cannot wait for.