Prince of Persia - The Sands of Time 3.75" Figures

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Squall42080, May 3, 2010.

1. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Stopped by Target today in search of new Iron Man 2 toys...and struck out hardcore. But, they did put out the new Prince of Persia - The Sanes of Time 3.75" figures and 6" figures.

While I have no real interest in the Prince of Persia itself...having never played any of the games...the 3.75" figures looked pretty cool, so I picked up the Dastan figure in his warrior armor, desert garb, and the 2-pack set that comes with his horse.

So far I really dig them. Very poseable, great molds, and decent articulation.

You can tell it's a Transformers drought when us Transformers fans start buying other things...

Anybody else pick up a few?

(Also, my Recon Ravage came in today...and I couldn't resist)

[​IMG]

2. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That does look good. How's the horse? Most equine figures don't fare well...

3. Squall42080

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Here's some pics of the Target Exclusive figure:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and my now broken Dastan (arm broke right off) with horse:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't have any other horse figures to compare it to, but its pretty good...about as much articulation as one could expect. Hooves move, legs at the shoulders, but no knee articulation. The neck is divided into two segments...the segment closer to the body is a swivel joint, the face has a small balljoint. The only disappointment is that the tarp does not come off without some work. You would end up removing some kind of glue that they used to keep it in place.

So yeah, I'm a little disappointed that one figure broke right out of the package...with little to know actually force...but it seems like the figure is molded in transparent plastic (which is a little more brittle) and then painted with skin toned paint. Back to Target this set goes. I'll get another tomorrow.

Overall I dig the figures though.

4. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    I'll have to keep an eye out for these in the UK. I love the Prince. (I refuse to call him by any other name. :(  )

Should be fun.

5. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    So uh, is this line a store exclusive or something?

*waves bat around* The Prince has no other name. >=(

6. Squall42080

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I don't think so. I think they are just being found at Targets first. The one figure with the transparent fiery arm is exclusive to Target.

7. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Zombie thread.

I bought one of these for the first time... two days ago from TRU. (Its a TRU exclusive in the UK)

It was the Alamut gate because it was on discount (£12 ish), and I've always wanted it for the potential background opportunities it would afford my 3 3/4 inch stuff, (of which I have a lot of in different lines, in a big crate) but couldn't justify the original high price. £25 or something.

The gate has really nice sculpting and detail has lots of pegs all over the front and sides for 'freerunning' poses, the actual gate, ball dropper, and catapult. Anyway, straight out of the box, the catapults catch that holds the catapult down was broken. No catch at all.

I wouldn't have been too bothered, but a peg on the front was also broken off, and considering I wanted it to pose my 3 3/4 stuff I took it back. In the TRU I was allowed to exchange and open it to check it. I ended up checking another three, all of them had broken catapults (put fine pegs). Was this a running change? Utter madness if it was, the actual release mechanism is still there, only the catch is missing.

Yesterday I was trying to put the included Dastan figure into a free running pose to sit him on the wall... and his whole leg broke off at the peg. Ball joint is still in the leg, the post just snapped clean away.

WTF. IS QC a reall issue with this line or what?

8. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very poor design. Both legs broke on mine as I was reviewing him:

YouTube - Prince of Persia - Prince Dastan

See 1:02 through 2:10 and 6:45 through 7:50

9. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    LOL.

'He still has good leg articulation... other than that...'

Another chapter in the Search for an unbroken Dastan. I took my broken Dastan, with his broken left leg, back to TRU. The nice girl happily exchanged it for another Dastan in the Alamut set, didn't have to fill in any paperwork.

So I get him home, and pose him in a way that has him hammering 'LET ME IN!' at the gate. I repose his legs to get him to lean against the wall... and his right leg pops off. This wasn't even to make him run, it was to make him LEAN against a wall.

OMG. I won't be bothering going back to get another, I might just araldite it. If the hip freezes, then, oh well. Considering the new Spartan I bought a while ago had really really flawed wrists, I think McFarlane are shooting themselves in the foot.

I've been hearing they've been in trouble for a while now, and expanding into licences while scaling back their 'core' (Spawn, baseball/sports figs) stuff is probably a good idea, toys with QC or design like this is just crazily bad. I do have to wonder though, how much did the PoP:SOT license cost, and how many toys were sold/returned?

10. 100% Mackem

100% Mackem Banned

Seen a few of these on Amazon.co.uk, they're really reasonably priced. I'll probably pick a few up.

11. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now you know why I said not to even breathe on this figure. Just looking at it the wrong way will cause his leg(s) to break off. The plastic must be really brittle. Sorry to hear about your misfortune again. Next time, just buy one, make sure he can just stand up, and never move his legs again. ;) 

12. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    These are on clearance at Target for like $2.89 each. I bought one with the city gate for like $5.00.

13. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

I was wondering if POP figures existed though disappointed to hear they suffer terrible QC issues.

I might risk getting some if I ever happen to bother going near a TRU though I can't see me risking paying to much for them if they snap so easily.