Primus w/ head, w/out head...what's the deal?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sunstreaker, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Sunstreaker

Sunstreaker Partyin Like it's 1984

Ebay:
    OK...so I rescued a Primus from the stockroom of my local Target only to find that, even though this is the first wave that this Target has received, even though he isn't even on the shelves yet, he had no Unicron head packed in.

So what's the story? Has Hasbro already blown through their Primus' w/ Unicron's Head and all that we'll see at retail now is Primus sans Uni Head? I'd find it highly discouraging if they'd already gotten rid off all the special pack-ins before he was officially released everywhere.

Or is it, rather, luck of the draw? Some stores will get Primus w/ Uni, some won't. Or there might be one Primus in the box that has it, while the other is just the regular release?

I'm just wondering if I shouldn't just suck it up and go buy the regular Primus I found rather than waiting around for a bonus pack-in that will never materialize.

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Ooh a double thread

Id go ahead and wait. He's been out for awhile in other contires and they still see him with the head everywhere. If not then maybe you can get him on clearance and save a little.
    Would suck if you bought the headles one just to see the head the next day
    :lol  thats usually how my luck works

3. Sunstreaker

Ebay:
    Ahhh - always the voice of reason, Chaos! After all...it's better to wait in the hopes of getting a little head rather than giving up on getting it at all. ;) 

4. Omik

Omik *blink blink*

Someone addressed this in one of the other threads earlier this week, but I don't know which one so I'll sum it up for you:

Hasbro has not run out of the unicron head primuses, seeing as Primus still hasn't arrived in some areas. What happened is that after a month+ of nothing new, all the stores started requesting new stock for the summer changeover. Well, the warehouses received primus w/uni-head first, then in the idle time before the requests, also received the normal version. So what's happening is a lot of the ones without the head are shipping out since they were most recently received. Granted, the uni-head bonus ones are out there too and have a unique dcpi or something like that. Hopefully someone else will chime in and share.

Hasbro should have made it a mail-in bonus, that way we could all get him and they could limit it so people would buy Primus right away instead of waiting for clearance.

EDIT: I bought my Unicron the day he was released, and then I bought Omega Sentinal because he was the only other supreme that I wanted. I'll pay $50 for Primus, too, especially if I can get that Uni-head. Oddly enough, I support Hasbro when I can.

5. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Count me amoung the clearance crowd, I am done buying $50 TF's that Go sub-$20 in matter of months.

6. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I haven't seen either one around here. None of the stores except TRU even have the $49.99 size toy space.

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    my TRU just got a unicron headed primus today. just one, and I wasn't expecting it since they still have 35 Supreme Starscreams *L* of course, its still there since I got mine already.

8. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Slightly edited from my post over in TFGD:

Apparently, the original plan was to have the first shipment include the Unicron head, and all subsequent shipments to come without the head.

However, due to the long summer lull which led to almost a month without new products showing up at US retail shelves, including toys that had been out in Asia and Oceania for several months at the point of their US mass retail release, retailers eventually started restocking with a huge amount of shipments. Infortunately, in some cases, this led to a "shipped last, put on the shelf first" scenario. Because of that, the 3" Titanium toys popped up on stores in reversed order as compared to their official wave lineup as per Hasbro, and the Primus version without the Unicron head showed up before the version with the head did.

Dave van Domelen also confirmed that all the sightings he received so far were EITHER for "non-head" Primus OR for "head" Primus. No mixed cases.

And now the good part:

How to easily tell whether the Primus you see in stores is supposed to include the Unicron head or not.

[​IMG]

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    are you saying we can tell the the primus with unicron head by the one which has the unicron head?

10. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

I got the one without the head. I think the unicron head is silly. JMHO.

11. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

King Arthur says; "This new science amazes me, tell me again how sheeps bladders may be employed to prevent pregnancy."

12. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but from all the posts that I've read, it seems like Primus w/head is a TRU Exclusive, and if that's the case, they should just say so in the first place.

13. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    My sarcasm filter is going to overload. If you can't tell whether or not Primus comes with the Unicron head or not by looking at it, you really are a bit slow.

14. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

I don't think so. I saw him at my local SUPER Target.

15. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It isn't, that just seems to be where most of them have shown up.

16. Sunstreaker

Ebay:
    Which makes sense...TRU has been better at getting new stock on the shelves right when they get it; whereas Wally World & Target are mostly waiting for the fall reset to put new stuff out. So they're putting out their headless Primus' first, since that's what's at the front of the pallet.

BTW - thanks for the illustration...I'm not sure I could've figured out Hasbro's diabolical packaging otherwise. ;) 

17. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm waiting until I find one with the head.

18. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Regarding waiting for clearance, I bought Unicron for $25 at a KB, and I bought 20th Anni Op from KB online while they had a TF sale going. But for some reason I'm not going to feel bad about paying full retail price for Primus.

Regarding the head, the irony now is that the no-head Primuses are going to shelfwarm and make it even longer before the w/head Primuses get put out.

19. Sunstreaker

Ebay:
    Heh...so the only time we'll seed Primus w/ head is at clearance. Oh, sweet irony.

20. snkeyes069

snkeyes069 Legend in his own mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I found my Primus w/ Uni Head (and TF Titaniums and LOC Wave 4) at K-Mart. You may want to try checking there.