PRIMUS vs UNICRON ! Design Discussion ( not toy ! )

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Optimal Obrey, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Optimal Obrey

Optimal Obrey Active Member

Hey guys,

Another one of these!

Wondering which design of these two huge planet robots do you think looks better ? Unicron or Primus ? and this is based purely on how they appear in cartoons or comics... not toy!

THanks!

2. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Unicron definately

but because we all know someone will say it eventually, Primus' toy had a better execution. They should've held off on Unicron for a couple years.

EDIT: on a side note, I think people would be less critical of Unicron's engineering if it didn't have all the mini-con gimmicks and had come out AFTER Primus. If Primus had had the initial HOLY SHIT A PLANET TRANSFORMER appeal, people wouldve been slightly more impressed with the next one.

3. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Easy answer here,Unicron all the way,and yes I will say it,because he looks so much like
    his G1 self,there I said it.Primus on the other hand is almost as good as Unicron as what
    I picture Primus as,the when it comes to the figure I wish Primus was the same size as
    Unicron.

Conclusion: Unicron is probably just a half point better due to his toy size,and his
    accuracy to G1.

4. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    This isn't a fair comparison since until fairly recently, Primus only had an astral plane body (that looked like Rodimus Prime) and some sort of face in the center of Cybertron.

5. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    It has to be Unicron. He is different in all respects to anything else. Primus has far too human a body in comparison to Unicron's demonic design. In planetary mode, too, Unicron is far more interesting.

6. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

I only say Unicron because Primus never really had an image to build off of. If he had already been established as long ago as Unicron had, they might have given him a more stylized look, instead of coming out like a brand-new, nothing special design.

7. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unicron, mostly because his planet mode actually did something rather than just float about.

8. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    In my home we worship the dark God Unicron's black form.

Seriously though, forgetting the toy, Primus is better if you consider that in planet form he contains all the plot elements from just about every tf cartoon. In him is the key to vector sigma, the plasma energy chamber, the dweller, etc.

9. AMG

AMG Old School

G1 Unicron for me. He looks so menacing and powerful.

10. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    I never liked the idea of Primus transforming. He created the transformers to combat Unicron and his alt. mode. these two charactors have such interconnected origins that they needed a deviation point to help visualize there diffrences. This of course makes my biased to Unicrons design. The horns, the bat-like wings and clawed feet all scream evil, devil, Satin...take your pick. It just works. There's nothing angelic or even Zeus-like in Primus' look. It fails as a counter to an icon such as Unicron.

11. Optimal Obrey

Optimal Obrey Active Member

guess primus has no supporters?!

12. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

I like Primus, I like his story the best. When they made him a transforming cybertron it was the final piece of the puzzle to me. I like Dons drawing of Primus the best, but Unicron has much more history, and the movie. He wins.