Primus - Unicron mythology in balancing Act

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by knook, Aug 3, 2008.

1. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well; Primus seems to reside within every cybertron yet it is said that Unicron and Primus are both singularities so what's going on?
    Maybe Primus can either:
    1) Clone himself
    2) Exist in many places at one time
    3) He creates each universe at a certain point in time then stays there till it is destroyed, He then creates a new universe and resides in that one

what do you guys think?

2. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Primus and Unicron are/were both energy beings. There is only one core consciousness/soul, however many bodies exist in the Universes. They remain inactive until the times comes for them to act, or their hand is forced by the children of Cybertron.

3. knook

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Children of Primus.
    Also when Universe Prime and Magnus arrive they said Unicron in their time line disappeared. I guess you could be right but it does get confusing after a while :lol 

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Primus= Multiversal Singularity.

Hard to explain. Picture you have an apple. But you slice if up and put itinto different dishes.

Apple= Primus, Dishes= Universes.

Only he didn't split himself up. That's the thing I don't really get.

Unicron= God Dude who can travel between universes. NOT like Primus, there's only 1 of him.

5. Hybrid Prime

Hybrid Prime Banned

I used to have a hard back that explained it.Unicron and Primus are like God and Satan to a degree.Primus went dormant to watch his creations and gain knowledge of the universe and Unicron is the chaos bringer.He can only destroy and corupt.

Primus could probably shift through time and space as well but,his creations always seem to bleed his energy dry fighting in wars and such.Primus pretty much wants his creations to take care of them selves and find there own answers to thier problems.He only directly gets involved when called upon or when he is really needed.

Unicron and Primus can both project themselves astricly as pure energy beings.Primus's projected form resembles Rodimus Prime.These 2 are the reasons transformers time lines keep getting messed up.When ever Unicron gets destroyed he projects his astral form into the future and reconfigures his body with what ever form he can maintian at the time.The more power he has available to him the bigger and more destructive his form becomes.

I could go on all night.It is a very confusing matter.I read the book at least 40 times.

6. knook

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The only problem is that Unicron is MUCH stronger than Primus. Unicron has destroyed a lot of Primus's.
    But that poses the problem: Unicron was Destroyed in both Generation 1 and Armada/Energon. Unicron was reborn in Cybertron (Going by the Comics) but it seems he was destroyed again. So how come Unicron still exists!

I would like to see more of other potential demi-Gods in Cybertronian legend, dig deeper into their religion(s) and mythology and past leaders and possible Rebel groups before the Decepticons were formed

7. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I liked Balancing Act, but the very nature of the story makes me happy that the Movie, IDW Books, and Animated are staying away from Unicron and Primus.

Giant Transforming Robots > Enormous Transforming Robot Gods.

8. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if you go by what has been said here, that both Primus and Unicron are energy beings, then there's your answer. Energy cannot be destroyed. it can be used, recycled, reformatted, but never destroyed. so as energy beings they are the ultimate transformers- their energy refprms into something else.

9. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    My impression with Balancing Act... Unicron was consumed by the Black Hole - it was an attempt by Primus to imprison him.

And it ALMOST worked. As a result of the imprisonment, Unicron just vanished in the Universe timeline. And Unicron was able to use the Black Hole with the aim to consume Primus - consume Primus, and by ripping out a multiversal singularity he could supplant Primus and go on to consume ALL realities at once.

10. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Never thought about that. Simple, but it works perfectly.

11. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thanks.

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've got my own take on how Unicron and Primus work.

They are a kind of personification of cosmic chaos and order. Manifestations of these two forces within their respective realities. Unicron exists to destroy and sow disorder and choas. He simply tries to steer the universe toward destruction, so that a new universe may rise (Big Crunch theory - the universe will eventually collapse in a new Big Bang. I guess you could say Unicron already did this at least once, in the backstory given to him in the later Marvel comics).

Primus on the other hand stands for order. Absolute. Implacable. Everything as a machine, fitting into a grand pattern. His children are intended to be pieces of this grand machine - the expression "Til All Are One" being an expression of the idea of all working toward this one grand cosmic order. That is why Primus exists everywhere at once - Order of this magnitude needs you to be in many places at a time. Every universe, every variable, controlled.

Unicron's universe hopping could be attributed to his goal of causing chaos - he simply jumps from reality to reality to plant and nurture seeds of chaos to prevent Primus' cosmic order from becoming established. The Fallen and even the Decepticons could be seen as agents of the chaos in this concept. As long as they exist, Primus' order shall never come to pass. That's why Unicron empowers some agents within each reality he visits, or creates things like the Minicons - he aims to fan flames, to make wars bigger, to introduce greater opponents. To keep everyone at one another's throats and to keep the fires of chaos raging.

Now here's the rub - Primus and his ordered reality might be a bad thing. It could lead to the "ashen future" to borrow a term from Konami's Suikoden III, a future where everything eventually dies. With no chaos, order becomes self-defeating. There is no new creation - to find a place for a new existence within perfect order risks introducing chaos - and so eventually, everything just fades to gray. Without Unicron and chaos, creation ultimately dies a final death. He's a necessary evil.

Unicron is not evil, nor Primus good. They simply are. The Autobots and Decepticons, they are good and evil. The rest are beyond that understanding, really. Just coloured by perceptions. We've known what Unicron wants for a long time, and Primus. But we've never seen the implications. Only that Unicron brings destruction, as he did once before, and new life rose from it eventually. Primus entered the conflict at that time. We've never been given any clue as to what might happen if Primus were to win.

Anyways, long way off topic, but I hope that makes some sense as to why Primus would exist everywhere at once, and Unicron only needs to be in one place and simply dimension hop.

13. knook

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks guys :) 

lets just hope Bay doesn't touch the subject :p