Primus/Tfsource double dissapointment

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by grandizerGo, Oct 31, 2010.

1. grandizerGo

grandizerGo Predaking

News Credits:
    I ended up springing for the new PRIMUS..not sure how i feel about it..being a collector i wanted to have the set of the unicron/primus but this figure is lacking something seriously 150.00 shipped for a repaint? UNICRON is amazing tho.and on top of it ive been buying from tfsource for many years and always go for the condition 9 packaging to save a couple of bucks and have NEVER received a dented box ever.but my primus box had 4 punture holes in it , bent flaps,and crushed side but they still packaged it like it was mint..a little pissed to say the least..those who got the new PRIMUS what are your thoughts.?

2. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Im sure it happens at all online shops, but it sure is a turnoff when they seemed to be consistant for so long. Same thing happened to me on my last order, and it can be offputting when they had such a good track record for so long. Since that time, I have learned to buck up to a collector grade on products I really want, but I would say that the package I received as well as their CS response about it has driven most of my online purchases to other sites. Nothing like opening an emaculately packaged box protecting something that is beat up.

3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Well they actually had something work with to make a retooling of Unicron.

Not so much with Primus. So I'm not sure what you were expecting.

4. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Perfectly agree ^_^ Primus is a wonderfull toy and it needed only a special repaint in my opinion...

About the box conditions, I received from robotkingdom a case fresh one... it's not always so from them but this time it was perfect (but now that I think about, also the Unicron's one is perfect). It's a lucky thing anyway...

5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, if your not happy with the box, send it back

TF Source

or..... hook someone up like me! Did you get Primus before or after the mark up? Damn BBTS.... they jacked up the price and everyone followed:mad . At the original 110 (120?) dollar price tag, I would of pulled the trigger eventually... but at 150 + Shipping? Nah, i'm happy with just Unicron:2c: 

6. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It was $125 originally at TFSource. I guess I got "early bird" discount.

7. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    what? he went up in price? I thought he was a shelfwarmer? but this primus does look very cool. I love the new paint job. It might not be silver metallic, but its still metallic. as for the damage box its 50/50 unless you upgrade it to collectors condition. I would be very dissapointed as well if I got a much worse than c8 box.

8. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    tfsource....doing good as usual.:thumbs2: 

takes balls to wrap up a fucked up box and mail it out to a customer instead of RA'ing it back to the vendor....

9. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seriously, it's an import. So, repaint or not, it's going to be about 2x as expensive as a domestic release. If you think $150 shipped was too much for a repaint, why did you buy it in the first place?

The damaged box is unusual, though. TFSource has a very good reputation for taking better care of the packaging on the stuff they send out.

10. Jason Blue Boost

Jason Blue Boost Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just email them about it and they will take care of you. My wst comic Dinobot set that I got from them had a puncture hole in the clear plastic. They said send it back and we will replace it. It seems like every store raised they're prices on Unicron and Primus once the pre-orders were over.

11. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you opened it, does it really matter? It is just a box, as long as the inside is cool what more could you ask for? It is not like you paid for the collectors grade packaging.

12. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    No thank you, my original GC-00 is good enough for me. :drunk 

And to mention that I liked the paint job on that piece a whole lot better than this "2010 edition."

13. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    some folks like to hold onto those boxes...that way if they sell it down the road they can pitch the MIB side and think it is worth more sale wise since the box is there...

14. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah but....

if its damaged, why would you even open it? :2c: . I'm not to picky about boxes unless its completely destroyed BUT if the box really bugged me, I would of complained to tfsource before opening it.

15. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TFSource ships out items in order of date purchased and grade ordered. The earlier you purchase, the better the condition box. Given the expense and limited nature of Primus, that may have been the best of what was left. In the future, pre order early and pay the 3 extra dollars for collector grade if packaging condition is so important.