Primus question

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by StarAngel, Jul 10, 2006.

1. StarAngel

StarAngel Long live the Decepticons

Its been a while since I've been here but I have a question and would like a little help. I did call Hasbro consumer line and was told that there is only one Primus listed in the computer.
    I have heard about the Primus toy that has a Unicron head in with him but heard that there are some Primus' that don't have Unicron heads and some do. Now I want to now how do I tell that the Primus I'm looking at has Unicron head in with him or not. Is he hidden? Or do all Primuses have Unicron heads in with them?

I only want to buy one Primus and I want that head!

2. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

If you're actually looking at the toy, it's not hard to spot - the one with the head has it positioned in the box to the left of Primus (right of you)

Plus it has a large blurb saying the head is included, printed in the same area.

If you're going by product number, they do have different product numbers, although i can't remember them off hand.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The head version is a "limited edition", it's only available in the US and its mostly limited to the first run I think.
    If I were cynical, I'd say it was a stab at the fans who insist on waiting for the big guys to get clearanced, but in truth its just an incentive to pick up the big guy. Especially if Unicron is indeed getting a rerelease!

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    How to easily tell whether the Primus you see in stores is supposed to include the Unicron head or not:

[​IMG]

The second part of your sentence is misleading on Hasbro's behalf, and the third part is where it gets confusing.

The Unicron head version has thus far been spotted in Asia, Australia and New Zealand. Basically, every country that gets toys in monolingual US packaging (as compared to trilingual Canadian/South American or hexalingual/dodecalingual European packaging) seems likely to get the their share of the Unicron head version of Primus. I blame Hasbro's PR department for not considering that "limited to the Hasbro version as compared to the Japanese Takara version" might not automatically be the same as "limited to the US version", since the "US" version gets released in countries other than the USA as well.

Now, about the shipments - apparently, the original plan was to have the first shipment include the Unicron head, and all subsequent shipments to come without the head.

However, due to the long summer lull which led to almost a month without new products showing up at US retail shelves, including toys that had been out in Asia and Oceania for several months at the point of their US mass retail release, retailers eventually started restocking with a huge amount of shipments. Infortunately, in some cases, this led to a "shipped last, put on the shelf first" scenario. Because of that, the 3" Titanium toys popped up on stores in reversed order as compared to their official wave lineup as per Hasbro, and the Primus version without the Unicron head showed up before the version with the head did.

5. TSFC

TSFC Banned

Actually, Australia got the Unicron Head as well, but only in K-Marts as he's an exclusive in those stores.

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    this was announced, yes, but apparently untrue, where i live, at least.

primus with unicron head has been released for quite awhile and seems to be the only option we currently have. and looking at the glut were currently suffering (for a supreme class size at least) it is no where in the vicinity of 'limited'.

i'm sure some singaporeans can corroborate my statement with their own sighting.

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    The only Primus found so far on shelf in Minnesota that has been reported here was mine. I found it last Thursday at TRU Burnsville. It was the only one there and it has the Unicron head. Good luck!

8. chocula78

chocula78 Satellite Systems Engr TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I would settle for a primus WITHOUT the head at this point. HOW COULD THEY HAVE SOLD SO QUICKLY????

9. optimus1

optimus1 Well-Known Member

I live in Sydney Australia
    and let me tell you out of 4 K-marts - In western sydney
    my wife picked up the last 1 and it came with the Unicron head .

People have been appaently asking for Primus but i think K-mart did not anticipate how many people were going to ask and now have to order another shipment
    So yes im very lucky to say and he is gladly standing tall against Master megatron and Optimus prime

10. StarAngel

I forgot to report that I too found a Primus on shelf at TRU in Rochester, Minnesota. No head. . .so I didn't buy him.

11. StarAngel

Thanks for letting me know about the Unicron head. The Hasbro rep didn't know and only told me that its in the computer and coming out now. So of course I'll go to a better source ;) 
    Now I've become a head hunter stalking for Unicron's head.

12. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

the only place I have seen Primus was at a TRU in cherry hill...they had 4, none of which had the head. I bought it anyway...it is, after all, just a little trinket.

13. snkeyes069

snkeyes069 Legend in his own mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I found the Primus with Uni Head at a K-Mart in Latham, NY last night (1 with a slightly damaged box is still there), along with TF Titaniums and LOC wave 4.

Nobody else has Primus. Hell, except for 1 Target, nobody has restocked in over a month. I think I lucked out just because the stockpeople at that K-Mart don't care about shelf dates...or even putting toys in the right section. The Titaniums were with the clearanced toys (but still full price), the LOCs were with TMNTs, they even had old Alts buried in the scale cars section.

But Primus stood on the top shelf, over the 1 row of TF pegs, calling my name and saying, "Pay the extra $2.00 K-Mart markup. Nobody else in upstate NY will stock me until November." :lol 

Of course, now that I "paid up" for him, I predict he'll be available everywhere by thursday. ;) 

14. Draco Prime

Draco Prime Autobot

TOYS "R" US is were i got my Primus and he had the Unicron head, its just a matter of timing when you get that and find it