Primus problem - anyone else have this?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rob_charb, Apr 27, 2009.

1. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

Hi all, was wondering if anyone else has had this problem with their Cybertron Primus:

Ever since the day I got him, one of his wrist cannons has been really loose, to the point where I don't even need to use the cyber-key to get it to pop up, but now, the other wrist cannon is like this too. Is this a common problem? If so, how can I fix it?

2. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

It is a common problem. Two fixes.

Easy? Wrap a clear rubber band around it, forcing it to be locked in.
    Hard? Disassemble the entire forearm and correct the problem. (which, unfortunately I cannot remember how it worked. I'm sure someone here must have the instructions. Check Radicons for that, maybe.)

Easy's not that big of a deal, it sucks that the figure won't do it on it's own, but the rubber bands can't really be seen that much, so it's not like it's a massive problem.

Hard, I never tackled. I just didn't have the patience to deal with the spring trigger system.

3. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    one of mine primus wrist canons is loose. but i still can get it to put it back in. but then again i like them when they are out.. i like the firepower :D 

4. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Which is great for robot mode, but it kinda kills the illusion of a planet when giant cannons are sticking out the sides.

5. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

Exactly why I want to fix them. I thought about the rubber band route, but I'd really like to fix it properly. Maybe I should swing by the Radicons then...

Thanks for letting me know it's not just my Primus AnimatedFan. Guess it's just a design flaw or something. I think the problem is the catch, because the springs work just fine.

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Mine had the cannon problem too. But it wasn't as bad as some sounds to have had it.
    "Yo dawg, we heard you like cannons so we put some cannons in yo planet so you can shoot stuff while livin' on it."

7. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thats why i have him display it robot mode :) 

8. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

I got mine the other day and his wrist mounted blasters spring up and down without troubles with the aid of his Cyber Planet key, but my only problem is that the cannons can't retract and stay put long enough, from a slight vibration or whatever the cannons sprung forth. So does anyone have that problem is it fixable? But if not well I'll leave it the way it is.

9. Zress Tayasu

Zress Tayasu Axiom

the catch IS somewhat exposed when the cannons are deployed. maybe you could build it up with superglue, although you won't have a lot of room to work in? nice have to use the end of a pin or needle to get the glue where you want it though, depending on the nozzle size.

10. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Damn, well thanks for the advice. I guess I'll leave it be, its kinda annoying to me, but winners can't be choosers, right.

11. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I don't have a primus ( would love one though id pose him with my Unicron In a rockem sockem robots style throwdown) but the cannon issue wouldn't bug me much if i did have one, or at least i wouldn't think it would, to be sure id have to see a pic of the cannon deployed in planet mode, but i doubt it would