Primus or Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Rumble02, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    For those who have both figures which one do you prefer? likes and dislikes.
    I prefer PRIMUS to be honest. He seems like a more well thought out toy and his alt mode of cybetron actually hides his robot bits well, unlike Unicron with the ginormous legs just sitting there folded up. I also like how you dont have to have a special stand to make primus sit in the correct position. Unicron is awesome dont get me wrong but he seemed a little rushed and blockish. The only thing I truly like better about Unicron are his hands. bigger and more articulated. That works for me in a big way. What are your thoughts and feelings? :horse: 

2. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Like most of the Armada line, i was massively dissapointed in Unicron, and think Primus succeeds almost in every way Unicron failed ~ especially when it comes to 2 key factors #1 proportions (Unicron always looks like a kid in armour to me) and #2: actually looking like a planet

3. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    I totally agree on that one

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Im going with TB - Prunicron!

5. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I own Unicron, but I don't have Primus yet. I think he's the better bot just by pics. he's a marvel of good engineering IMHO.

6. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

As cool as Unicron is, Primus looks far superior in both modes.

7. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, there's no doubt that better thought was put into Primus as toy but let's give Hasbro/Takara they're due...Unicron was awesome for his time and if given the choice to choose between the 2 toys, I would choose Unicron because he's a TF icon.

The Primus toy sorts of defeats the purpose of TFs because according to most of the TFs mythos, the TFs were created by Primus to protect the galaxy against Unicron or something along those lines...

8. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

unicron is still a good toy..He is almost 3 years old. He was hasbro/takaras 1st succesful release of a planet former....so it just makes sense that the 2nd planet former would be better. They had at least 2 years to perfect and engineer Primus better then unicron. It seems to me that Unicron gave has/tak problems...as proof i say look at all the unproduced prototypes of him. The armada toy is starting to look a little dated next to cybertron figures, however that is something that happens with progress and can not be helped.

9. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Primus is one of the best toys ever made.

10. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I Love my Unicron Figure hes very Evil Looking but man oh man Primus is one heck of a well designed figure!!!!! So much detail was put in him just absolutly a Great Figure that was worth the wait. He has been a Transformer I have wanted for 20 some odd years. The only thing I would change about Primus is to of put twistable wrists on him that would have been a great touch in the Articulation for me. Primus all the way on this one for me.

11. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I still would go with Unicron. He's an icon in TF universe since the movie and if I have neither but forced to choose just one I'll go with the planet eater any day. Primus is better designed and all but he's not the icon that Unicron is.

12. M-Prime

M-Prime Banned

I agree 100%. Unicron is an icon, and all TF fans have wanted a great big Unicron figure for a looooong time. Kids were born and grew to driving age during the time fans waited for it. Primus (while being a much better engineered toy), is a relative new comer to the mythos as anything more than the creator of the TF's. I never heard any kids say that they wanted to play with that big head from the marvel comic series.
    So I say Unicron. But Primus kicks mucho ass, too.

13. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Primus all the way. :D 

14. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Primus, and I don't even have it yet.

It's not even close.

15. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm undecided. I think Primus (CYB) looks better in Planent mode. I liked Unicron enough to buy him in both light and dark versions. The original looks great on my shelf as BW Dragon Megatron stands on his right(as Dragon) and Blue Dragon Cyrotek is on Unicron's left. Unicron himself is decorated with the three white Beserker Minicons. As I mentioned in another post, since I already have the Takara GF Primus, CYB Primus will be in plant mode with Unicron's head in orbit! I couldn't part with either Unicron or Primus!

16. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I have Unicron, will not be getting Primus, but think Primus is a better looking toy. Unicron I have because of the nostalgiastic value, Primus has nill to none for me.

17. Cmdr Prime

Cmdr Prime co-Commander of Autobots TFW2005 Supporter

I tend to agree with on that

18. Sideways

Sideways Banned

i own both.i prefer Primus over Unicron any day. I wish he was Unicron's size though.

19. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

The Dead have Arisen.

20. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Shit, teach me to look at thread dates. :banghead: 

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008