Primus Is Not Going To Show Up?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by DarkRobin, Sep 3, 2011.

1. DarkRobin

DarkRobin Well-Known Member

Primus is the light/good God-like entity that created the Cybertronian/Transformer race.

He is also the counterpart to Unciron, much like what Optimus Prime and Megatron are to each other.

These are likely well known facts to all Transformers fans

So why is Primus never showing up to oppose his dark twin/brother?

In so many series of Transformers, either Primus and Unicron never show up, or one of them shows up while the other is forever MIA.

Most series that establish their existence only has Unicron showing up. It seems Primus has only made an appearance in Transformers Galaxy Force/Cybertron.

Isn't it frustrating that Primus doesn't join the battle field, and only leaves the war to his creations, even though that was why he created them.

It's like having only Megatron in a series while the Autobots doesn't have a Prime, especially Optimus Prime.

Even if it is to portray a beneficial, kind Creator/God staying out of the affairs of his creations, he should really do something instead of just hoping for the best while his evil brother is working on destroying everything and he is the only one with the raw power to oppose him.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Good question, though I think the answer is mostly what you have said - Primus created the Transformers and I'd also suggest granted them all the tools necessary to defeat Unicron.

Given Primus is meant to be one and the same across all of realities, I'd imagine engaging in direct combat with Unicron would be a real last resort - plus a fight on that scale could cause untold amounts of collateral damage. Maybe Primus just holds back for fear of doing more harm than good?

As far as Transformers Prime - who knows? Perhaps this is the series that breaks the trend.

3. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Relax, it's too early to write off any possibility either way just yet.

4. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Hey Robin,to answer your question,Primus is and always has been in all of the shows,even tho you haven't seen him.As to why I will point out that Primus is Cybertron, so he has always been there.Also until Primus had the Omega Lock he was stuck as Cybertron and couldn't transform.

Now for Unicron I agree somewhat,but he just ain't a type of villain to hang around all day fighting the enemy,albeit autobots or decepticons.

Finally I think they might bring them in later in the series,but not this early,as they are the big guns so to speak.

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Hopefully that changes in Prime. It would be insanely cool to see the two square off.

6. DarkRobin

Yes I knew that Primus is Cybertron. I guess I should have phrased the question as "Is Primus going to wake up or transform"

But just because Cybertron is in the series doesn't necessarily mean Primus will be. It's like seeing the body of someone in dormant state and taking no active role.

7. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    But Cybertron was infused with dark energon. Wouldn't that make Primus...well,evil?

8. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    I doubt it. Cybertron went into shutdown so it could clean itself out, which is why the Cybertronian population is now all over the universe. If Primus is Cybertron in this show, he probably got hurt by the Dark Energon, but it probably didn't turn him evil.

9. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    Hm....maybe you're right.

10. meirelle

meirelle Sea of Shelfwarmers

Because Primus doesn't give a fuck. Honestly, I wonder why there aren't more Transformer atheists with a god like that. :lol 

11. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

In fiction,the evil deity always seems more active than the good one. Maybe it's because there must be a reason for heroes to rise and save the world, taking us along for the ride? I mean, if the good deity appears and beat the evil deity, what the hey are heroes for, right?

12. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Primus has been battling Unicron for a very long time. However, I don't think the ability to transform into a large robot is used in all continuities. I think the idea of Primus transforming was only established later.

In some continuties, both Primus and Unicron started out as non physical beings, but Primus trapped both of them in metalic planetoids, when he found he had now way to overpower Unicron. While Unicron was able to turn his prison into a new body with which to fight. Primus on the other hand concentrated on making the Cybetronians we know today by providing each with his life essence, also known as a spark.

In Marvel comics, the process of making the Cybertronian race actually depleted his powers. But he still did face Unicron using the body of a Cybertronian, dying the process. He however was able to convince Optimus to fight Unicron and defeat the chaos bringer using the matrix.

And Primus has been fairly active in series such as Universe(comics) and the Unicron Trilogy. He even fought an overpowered Starscream in one of them. The thing is, he doesn't seem to be depicted as an unbeatable force.

In Prime continuity, if he is Cybertron, he probably is still suffering from the effects of Dark Energon. If WFC or Exodus is used as a basis, he hasn't left the autobots helpless either, he gave part of his spark to Optimus Prime, which is the matrix of leadership.

Also, he might be quite devastated at the betrayal of the Decepticons. We may not comprehend how much of a toll physically and psychologically the actions of the Decepticons have done. (After all, he did supposedly sacrifice part of his life essence/power to forge the Cybertronian race)

References: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Primus

Also, if Primus power is in the matrix of leadership, then he is already quite active. I mean how many times did the autobots life up the matrix and use Primus' power. And the Cybertronian sparks themselves are said to be fragments of Primus' life essence.

13. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    primus - WFC - Prime

he already has shown up

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Primus is dormant aftrer defeating unicron the first time and tunred into the planet that his children live on. Once the dark energon was infused it caused a total shut down.

It's possible that if the Autobots can clean up Cybertron and refill it with a new clean fuel source, Primus can come back and finish things.

Also the Cybertron series rocked, and i'd like more stuff like that.

15. DarkRobin

I agree on the principle that things shouldn't be easy for the heroes. That's why it's good that Megatron and his troops aren't easy to defeat.

But if it comes to an enemy on a whole different level, Godlike powerful level, then the evil deity's good counterpart should take a stand too.

16. DarkRobin

Well

It does make sense the conflict with Unicron had left Primus drained. But if Unicron can recover and directly take action, Primus should be able to too.

About the Matrix, it indeed has the power of Primus, I agree the Transformers being able to use it would be close to Primus being active. But we haven't gotten anywhere near seeing the Matrix. It hasn't even be mentioned in TFP yet, so......

17. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I also mentioned that Cybertron, his supposed physical body becoming damaged goods after the war between autobots and decepticons.

Besides, in some incarnations of the story, Unicron is actually more powerful than Primus. Primus just outsmarted Unicron to win their first battle. If that's the case here, it would make sense that Unicron has more left after the battle than Primus. And Unicron is probably recovering at a faster rate.

Also, thinking about it. Part of the reason the Cybertronians were formed was to battle Unicron (if based marvel transformers continuity). They're his army, in some ways. Of course, the Decepticons can be considered as traitors. But the actions of the autobots themselves could be attributed to his actions. They're probably his main weapon against Unicron.

18. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

I think Primus shouldn't face off against him,because of all the interstellar damage.Unless they can size themselves to the size of the normal autobots,then it would be the usual destroyed building & a few smashed cars.But that's unlikely. I would really like to see two brothers from the same mother..father...thing try to kill each other.

19. IceMagnus

IceMagnus STARCO FTW!!!!!

News Credits:
    Well if he does show up then we're screwed or squished. Because aren't they like ah I don't know um HUGE robots!?

20. megapork

megapork Cheese

If he transforms into a penguin? I really hope so. If he is Cybertron? NOOO!!!. I prefer primus to more of a spiritual character.