Primus in Rodimus Prime colors

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by SentinelPrime, Aug 13, 2010.

1. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Custom Transformer Primus - Rodimus Prime Marvel colors - eBay (item 220651100806 end time Aug-15-10 19:33:46 PDT)

Here's the father of all Transformers, Primus! I decided to give him a Rodimus Prime inspired paint job like the G1 Marvel Comics, which is an idea I like for many reasons. Of note is a special request by the one and only Tom Servo, a Unicron claw mark on planet mode! I tried something new with the glowing planet areas, which was starting with yellow, then doing paint wipes with neon red to get the edges, and then drybrushing silver to get all the buildings.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let me say this project took forEVER. So much paint...so many details...

I wanted to focus on a few things, like the glowing power spots we always see in planet mode, and I tore big chunks out of two corners to look like bent metal and added exposed wiring. I wanted the robot mode to look clean and regal, while the planet mode looked like the traditional Cybertron we always see in various media. I used a dremel to add some damage, including the famous Unicron hand-swipe added in the 1986 movie!

I used various enamels and acrylics, and lots of them!. The entire planet mode was drybrushed with 3 different silvers by hand and has some rust, lights, damage, anything I could think of at the time. All the gold is clear yellow hand painted over silver.

I actually took a couple with the flash on to demonstrate how metallic he is in robot mode.

I really enjoyed the project, thanks for your time!