Primus found at Target!!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Schnafe, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Damn right.
    And you want lunacy? Just wait until it makes it to the UK and costs £49.99 at least (assuming, of course, that we ever DO get it).
    Some people really don't know when they're lucky, do they?

2. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I think I'll sum this up:

Fan one says: "Hey, just found Primus. He's ringing up at Supreme Screamer's clearance price. Go take advatage of it even though you no better!"

Fan two says: "Damn. Can't find it. How did you get them to ring up at clearance."

Fan three says: "THEY WOULDN'T SELL IT TO ME FOR CLEARANCE OH NOES!!!!"

Fan four says: "Get a friggin' life! We're lucky to get the toy and you all wine like bitches cause you can't find one for clearance?! Screw off!"

& finally, perhaps my favorite drivel that comes out of these typse of threads is fan five whom inevitably says: "Well, I wouldn't by a Supreme toy unless it was at clearance. So I'll wait for him to go on clearance since I couldn't find one on clearance."

Ah, and when we no longer get really cool Supreme sized figures... you'll all know you did it. That's right. You all blew it up... :rip  (NOTE: THIS WAS ALL INTENDED IN SARCASM. LIVE WITH IT.)

3. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    *waits for Wal-mart Canada to put out a whole display of them for $19.99 like the did with Omega Supreme last year*

4. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Any idea what the DCPT number is for Primus with Unicron head? is it any different from the ones without?

5. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I believe its the same.

Consider this a rumor... but I heard that Primus is marked as an ad-set at Target for 7/9 or 7/10.

6. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    And yet, so very, very true.

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, I'm a firm believer that sarcasm must have a bit of truth about it... otherwise it looses that ironic feeling when it makes a person stop and think about what you said. :D 

8. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Head and non-head are supposed to packed 1 each per case of two, at least that's what was said a few months ago. So it's the same DPCI. Probably the same barcode.
    The case I saw at Target had an AD date of 10/11. Doesn't quite sound right to me though.

9. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope Target gets the head so I can return my still sealed headless one and exchange it for the headed one...

10. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The set date for the transition which will add a space for Primus on the shelves is 7/30, so I doubt they'll have him on ad before then.

11. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 "Ambitiose Sed Ineptum"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well, I got mine Friday morning, at regular price. I had to have them get one from the back, since they weren't shelved yet. I entered the DPCI for the Clearance SS, and the system didn't recognize it. Oh well, at least I got my Primus!

12. Thunderrwolf

Thunderrwolf Scout

the ones i saw a tru did not have the uni head either and they were $ 49.99

13. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    You know, it really wouldn't bother me at all if they DID stop making this size class. I simply think $50 is too much to spend on a single toy.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not wishing for this to happen. Some people really like these figures, and if they're willing to pay that kind of money for them, than I hope for their sake that Hasbro is able to continue meeting that demand.

But I'm not willing to pay that kind of money. And I won't cry if we don't get such figures in the future.

14. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Considering that the only two that I've thought were really cool were Unicron & Primus... yeah... it wouldn't bother me that much either really. Like I said... the whole post was meant to be tongue-in-cheek sarcasm. I've got all the Supremes thus far (minus the two repaints) and the only ones that I'm not majorly dissapointed with are Unicron and Primus. The other two just don't bring enough to the table to warrant the $50 charged.

I do understand that some people aren't willing to pay that much money for any one toy and that's totally understandable. Honestly, I've fealt that Cybertron was way too top heavy (even without the inevitable repaints) and some of the Ultras have been... not worth the price I paid to say the least.

I'd like to see less of the larger figures and more of the smaller ones. Keep the line more basic, deluxe and mega heavy. Keep the ultras, supers and superemes (if they must make them) to a lesser extent.

15. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I disagree. I think Beast Wars, Beast Machines and Robots in Disguise would have been enhanced by Supreme class toys. For example, a Supreme Tankor or Megabolt or Ultra Obsidian would have kicked ass. I prefer more variety, and fans always have the choice of whether to buy or not.

16. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    So... you think that Supreme Cheetor was a good idea?

17. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I think the Supreme class is a good idea. I would have rather Beast Machines toys in general were in proper scale with each other. Nightscream shouldn't have been an Ultra, Silverbolt and Obsidian shouldn't have been Basics, Rattrap should have been a Deluxe.

Instead of Supreme Cheetor, Tankor or Megabolt would have been better choices. Supreme Cheetor is no better or worse to me than Supreme Starscream.

18. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, I'm not really saying that it's a bad idea. Simply that I haven't really liked any of the figures (with the exception of two) that have been released in the class. Actually, if we're adding the BM stuff in there... I guess I like three because Air Attack Optimus Primal was very nice. I just don't want to see more than one per line and I'd like them to be onpar with Unicron and Primus, because Starscream and Omega Suprem are really not very good. OS kind of has the excuse of being a combiner with Prime, but otherwise... no.

As far as my opinion of the other size classes, I'm not actually saying that they should get rid of them, but do less characters in the sizes. I don't mind there being alot of basics, deluxes and megas in a line, but to have more than say... five ultras... is kind of pricey. Sure, it's my choice whether or not I want to buy them, but as a collector I like to get at least one of each show character. The repaints I may or may not buy depending on a few things, but typically if they're a good repaint and I liked the original mold.

Okay, I see what you're saying now.