Prime's with Matrixes?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by paxtoprime94, Aug 3, 2012.

1. paxtoprime94

paxtoprime94 The Hero

Why don't they ever put Matrices of Leadership in Optimus figures anymore??? War Within Titanium series? nope. WFC/FOC? nope. TF Prime? nope. Movieverse? only 1, and you can't even display it with the chest open unless you want it to look ******ed. At least Reveal the Sheild Prime had a molded in matrix.

But like I'm pretty sure G1's had them (post-'86 movie I guess though) but like doesn't alot of Pre-Bayverse Primes have them? Like 20th Anniversary/MP-01 does, Armada's is molded in, Cybertron finally had a removable one.

Why is there such a decline in Matrix of Leadership's?

They could have put them in the WFC/FOC Primes, the TFP Primes, and they had an ROTF Leader Class, a DOTM Voyager, a DOTM Deluxe, and a DOTM Ultimate they could have all had matrices in, especially the latter, because without the trailer, the Ultimate Optimus doesn't really have any other cool features, but has a huge price tag.

Am I the only one who feels this way? I love the Matrix of Leadership and wish they'd use it more!

Then again, it makes it special that one time you get a figure that does have one; I didn't know HFTD Prime had one until I got home and opened him up and I literally freaked out from joy when I saw he had one.

2. anikenvader

anikenvader Stuff & Things

News Credits:
    I agree the whole Matrix thing should be implemented or at least conceptualized more, but not that many Primes have ever had a Matrix. It was really Unicron Trilogy, and Masterpiece. Some Reissues may have had one or something, but they've never really been prominent.
    Though I do dig the Matrix, I would love to see more and have them try to include some/more in future Primes. Hell, doesn't even have to be Optimus. I'd buy a new Rodimus figure with a Matrix.

3. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Uh, no. There was never a Matrix of Leadership accessory made during G1.

I believe the first figure to come with a Matrix of Leadership was actually Beast Wars Neo's Big Convoy.

4. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

I think so too.

The only other I can think of are the 2000 G1 Prime reissue, Armada Prime (molded), Cybertron Prime, Classics G2 Prime , MP-1 and MP-10...

So, that 7 Primes (not counting their numerous repaints) out of how many Primes?

Think an overwhelming majority came without.

5. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Not Prime's, of course, but the Takara D-62-S reissue of Galvatron and the e-Hobby D-62-S also each came with a Matrix of Leadership.

6. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Plus MP Rodimus, both Hybrid Style Convoys, and Battle Blades Prime, if he counts.

7. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    meh, I'm fine with the amount of Primes I have with a Matrix, and since Cybertron Optimus was the pinnacle of Optimus Toys (In my opinion) I'm good with that.

8. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

TFP Optimus doesn't even remove his matrix from his chest in the show.

9. bossprime

bossprime wrecker

I have 3 and they all came from rodimus prime's (battle in space pack,mp rodimus)

10. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Decline? More like a sharp rise, considering we're getting a handful of toys every so often that actually have it included.

The first "interactive" matrix toy (I think it was Big Convoy's, as referenced above) didn't come out until, what, over ten years after we first saw it?

It's a fun accessory that's nice to have, but I don't demand it in every Optimus (or Rodimus).