Prime's Voice :/

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Scraggin, May 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scraggin

Scraggin Banned

I remember when we heard that voice "I AM OPTIMUS PRIME" in that traile we weren't meant to see, we were assured it wasn't official.

But now, on Hasbro's official site, we have the same stupid voice for the "Video Mash Up".

What's the point of using Cullen if they're going to pitchshift his voice until it doesn't like sound him anymore?

What's going on here? Will the final movie have this voice? This is one thing that's immensely bemusing. If they went to the trouble of getting Cullen, why couldn't they have him do the same voice he's always done? It doesn't send shivers down my spine at all - more Wobbles at the insanely fake low pitch.

2. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    only way we will now is when we see the movie.

until then, stop whining, whine after you see it :) 

also, a perfectly human voice coming from a robot would sound funny, thats my opinion on why he couldn't do his classic voice

3. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

Thank U Hansen

Been Telling Whiners Here That Same Thing For A Week!

4. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    what you saw in the trailer, is not what Primes sais at that part anyways, so I wouldn't worry about it untill we actually here what he is gonna sound like.

Its like the original transformation sound when prime transforms in the trailer, that's not in the movie either

5. Scraggin

Scraggin Banned

But they're using it on the official Hasbro Transformers site.

That's really crappy! I thought it was heard when Blackout was transforming. It's such a cool sound effect.

6. Scraggin

Scraggin Banned

But that makes no sense. If they don't want a perfectly human voice, they should use the same VFX they used back in the 80s, or better versions there of. Not a lower voice. It doesn't make him sound non-human at all, just like a Big Black Guy named Prime, or a guy badly faking that kind of voice. Presumably super advanced robots can synthesize whatever the hell voice they like. Though it could be a purely aesthetic thing in the case of the Decepticons, to help us relate to them as characters.

The "THEY CAN'T BE HUMAN LIKE" argument in general makes no sense. If it holds, why do they have more human-like proportions, and why does Prime have a human-ish face?

Dubbing and Vocal Effects are the few things that can actually be changed at the last minute so yes I will complain in case they really are going with it >:|

7. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    they CAN do what ever they want, its their movie

8. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I heard that they're giving Cullen helium for the part to make PRIME sound more 'alien'.

9. Dusty

Dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What do you care? Judging from all of the posts I have read from you you have already made up your mind anyway. Doing a quick seach of your posts shows absolutely nothing but bitching. Just wait till July 4th, fercrissakes.

10. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    You guys must have the ears of an audio tech or seasoned composer because it sounds like Cullen to me.

11. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Wow OMG. Nobody gives a crap what kind of shivers go down your spine. If you don't like it, then tough. Duly noted and i'll be eating my Cheerios now. But, I think the voice in this movie is perfect. Instead of just jumping to conclusions and posting hate ALL THE TIME ... something you are KNOWN for, why don't you just wait and see the film to draw your conclusion? By then, you will be able to argue without making yourself look like a jerk because you ACTUALLY have something to complain about. Right now, you have absolutely nothing.

12. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

So its something you PERSONALLY don't like, so you have to let everyone know that its crap huh? Get over yourself and realize that LOTS of people love this movie. Its okay to post your opinion, but the way you don't have to shove hate down our throats.

13. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

The "TF, and roll out" on the Game site sounds like Old Cullen Prime, but, it's probably not solid evidence as to the final result in the flick.

14. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

what about the voice clips hasbro just added?
    i was under the impression that the voice is supposed to sound like PRIME,not necassrily what Cullen sounds like.
    apparently, cullen was chosen after fan reaction was gauged,so he was kind of chosen by the fans,right?
    now Mr.everything-sux-except-what-i-like got an extra bit of g1 like he wanted and has found something new to bitch about:namely,the exact thing he said he wanted.
    WTF?

15. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but what video mash up? Can you provide a link?

16. Brownstreak

Brownstreak Banned

He's probably talking about the leaked trailer where Prime spoke " My name is Optimus Prime" to Sam.

Quite a few things that still bother me about the movie, but I'm still dead set on seeing it opening night and couldn't help getting excited when I saw the trailer today before PotC 3. There are some things that bothered me about seeing Spiderman and X-Men, but they turned out great. Cullen's voice doesn't sound dead on G1 Prime, but that doesn't bother me in the least bit considering how far voice filtering and editing has come from the 80s.

17. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Sounds like Peter Cullen to me. That's how his "Prime voice" sounded at BotCon last year at his panel. Where he made some statement using the same voice we're talking about now

18. Scraggin

Scraggin Banned

So if Optimus Prime is an old lady who drinks liquid cheese and they pin it up everywhere as THE REPLACEMENT FOR G1 TRANSFORMERS! it's okay?

19. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Speaking from my vantage:

Take any, -any- clips you hear as a grain of salt until the movie actually releases. I've come to understand that the voicework/sound editing on Transformers is among the final parts of the editing process, so it's not impossible that whatever is in the final film has nothing to do with anything we've caught so far.

20. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Followup!

Having now finally checked out the clips Hasbro's site is hosting, those...aren't pitch-shifted at all. The only effects appear to be flange and echo.

Peter Cullen's voice is just that low, nowadays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.