Prime's Trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Prime85, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Prime85

Prime85 The Dark Knight

I don't know if it's already been discussed. I don't know if it's worth discussing but I just wanna know what are everyone's opinions of Optimus having his trailer in the sequel movie. I mean it could be fun to watch his trailer in the movie with maybe Roller making an appearance, playing a small role as a spy for the Autobots. It's been a long time since we've seen Prime with a Trailer. :) 

What are your thoughts on this? What do you think the trailer would be like, the inside of his Trailer? How Roller would be like? :) 

2. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    there is no reason for a trailer.
    If they wanted him to have a trailer it would have been in part 1.

3. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    Yeah I think it would be cool to have the trailer like as a cameo during a battle. Maybe like this......
    Prime (hauling a trailer) and the other Autobots are driving down a road towards a battle and Starscream shoots a missle and destroys the trailer(painted with a modern G1 feel)

4. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

meh, i'm glad they got rid of the trailer, it had no purpose in g1. lol other then a select few episodes... that is.

5. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I think one of the better reasons for him being a long nose tractor was to make him look bigger and negate the need of a trailer. That said, I sure wouldn't be against a trailer transforming into an automated repair station.

6. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    That big silver thing behind the bunk of Movie Prime's cab is known as a "headache rack". It's used on rigs hauling flatbed trailers with loads such as pipes or girders. Just in case the load snaps free, the rack protects the driver from being crushed. It is likely the production team just added it because it looks cool, though.

One of the problems with having a trailer is it makes it very difficult to do any sort of stunt driving, like Prime's brake-assisted u-turn in the desert and the tight turn he did in Mission City.

7. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I didn't mind that Prime lacked a trailer in movie #1...with all due respect, I had other things to nitpick about.

Anywhoo, I similarly don't mind if he has or lacks the trailer in movie #2. If he has it, great. If not, I don't really care. One thing that I do want, though, is that if he has his trailer and transforms, please don't have a vanishing trailer. Just have it stay in place or something.

I think it'd be neat if Prime's trailer in movie #2 was like some kind of optional base he can drag around. Like...he can leave it in Sam's yard if he wants, or he can take it into battle. It can transform into some kind of mobile battle station, or something.

Could make for a cool toy.

8. BHB

BHB Well-Known Member

The trailer is generally pointless, i mean it dissappeared every time Optimus transformed in the cartoon. What purpose would it really serve in the movie other than being there because G1 Prime had one?

Yea the toy version transformed into a base, which made for a great toy but would be lame in a movie.

I wouldn't it being used for one or two scenes if maybe the Autobots have to move something like a new power source away from the decepticons and it could be stored in a trailer attached Prime.

9. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    Maybe movie 2's trailer has some armor parts to upgrade Optimus?

10. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

That's what I was thinking. Some sort of apex armor.

Oh well...I don't truly care if he has a trailer or not.

11. (R)Bumblebee

(R)Bumblebee Satan's Camaro

If there will be a trailer for Optimus in the next movie, please let it be one with a nice paint-job :wink: 
    [​IMG]

12. Prime85

Prime85 The Dark Knight

That could be interesting too.

Well I too don't really care if Prime has it or not. Just wondering what would it be like if there is.

13. Atin

Atin Well-Known Member

Armor upgrade......dunno

But! If he had just a normal Earth trailer and used it to smack into a Decepticon? (Ofcourse this could only be done once)

14. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    well if they intend to work with the US Military, it could serve as an armoured mobile operations base an armoury for a team like the one Captain Lennox commands to go on joint operations with the Autobots, so only use it if the story requires and leave it at whatever headquarters the Autobots have when not needed.

15. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    I dont know. Prime without a trailer worked fine in the movie, why adding one now?

PS: the trailer in the toon was important, it was Roller's apartment. XD

16. sixshot2K

sixshot2K Soundwave is #1!

That would be cool but would his trailer just drive away? What could they do?

17. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure we'll eventually have a traielr fro prime in the movie saga, it's possible that he can combine with his trailer as an upgrade.

18. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Their's no reason for a mobile command deck? During a war? That's technically the purpose of Optimus' trailer. It's a mini battle station and repair bay too, I think. Besides Optimus looks naked without it.
    So yea, their's plenty of reason to have that trailer. HAha!
    It most likely wasn't in the budget.

19. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Well that's what Optimus' trailer always did. They only used it once or twice in the cartoon series though, sadly.
    And my guess for the trailer always disappearing was so the animators had one less thing to constantly draw over and over again.

20. Omega77

Omega77 Crystal City

The trailer would be cool if he'd combine with it or something, like TF:A.