Prime's Sacrifice In Vain?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Witwicky Camaro, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Whenever I was watching Transformers, and Optimus deems Sacrificing himself to Destroy the All Spark the right thing to do, I cannot help but think of the long term effects of his death had he gone through with the plan. Sure, it would stop Megatron's plan to use the spark's power to transform earth's machine's to create a new army, but who would stop Megatron after Prime had died?

2. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    True. From the looks of things none of the other Autobots could stand up to Megatron. If Prime dies, Earth gets pwned.

I don't think he really thought the plan through.

Maybe if the Allspark was destroyed Megatron would have just left?

3. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think he would of been pretty pissed and destroyed the planet then donkey punched SS.

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The amazing U.S. Military, obviously!

5. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

The writers' strike.

6. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    I would have thought eventually the US Military would figure just to hit the bastard with another AC-130 Gunship. Megatron is strong but I doubt he would kill everyone by himself. I mean he has the entire WORLD he's fighting.

7. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

It fitted with Prime's ideal that noone should die because of his plans, he could have easily said "stuff it in Megatron" but that kills Megs, "stuff it in me" kills only himself.

8. MugenAutobot

MugenAutobot Well-Known Member

I don't think they could have stopped him, but those F-22's were blasting his armor away pretty effectively. Megs wasn't focusing on the humans though, just fighting Prime.

9. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Prime is all talk...lets puny humans do his work for him.

10. bullgates

bullgates Well-Known Member

I'd say either he is grossly underpowered or the humans were overly powerful. If that's the best the Decepticons have to take over the planet I'll sleep soundly tonight.

The only way he would survive attacks is if they employed the kung fu rule of only 1 person (or ship) attacking him at a given moment.

What's to stop the humans from laying waste to him with multiple weapons?

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Obviously Megs woulod be stopped eventually, with no Allspark and most if not all his troops destroyed or missing he'd be beat eventually. He can't beat a whole planet by himself.

12. Sycia

Sycia Draconian Faction

Yeah, Prime failed to foresee that.

With the Allspark gone, the Decepticons would not retreat just like that. This is a race that managed to pwn some serious 'Con arse, and will pose a very significant threat to their cause in future. If the forces of Decepticons weren't enough to destroy humans, Megatron (or Starscream) would just rally up more 'Cons from Cybertron (or wherever they're at) to obliterate us puny fleshlings for siding with the Autobots, having the audacity to imprison him like some zoo display, AND keeping the Allspark to ourselves all this time.

Oh well, just a pitstop to Universal conquest.

13. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    The military would have been able to finish Megatron off. Look at Megatron before Sam places the cube inside his chest, he was crawling on the ground and missing a leg. Starscream would most likely eventualy get killed. Once Starscream is gone Barricade would not stand a chance on his own.

14. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    :lolol 
    Good one.

I can just imagine Megatron arguing with the writers.

Megatron: ''Megatron destroy Earth now?''
    Writers: ''Sorry we are delaying the 2nd movie, but you could always come back in 2009''.

Ah well, I tried.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Here's a thought: Ratchet said it "Could destroy you both", not would, maybe he thought he could survive it? I dunno, it's tough with a movie, it's not like a cartoon that's always obvious what's what.

16. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah your right but SS and barricade are robots in disguise so it would definitely take them a while to get killed and SS is a bad ass in the air and would not be taken down easily.

17. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    easy answer.... Movie Prime isn't the REAL Optimus Prime... he's really Rodimus PRETENDING to be Prime... that's the reason for the flames, bad judgement calls, and lack of patience.

18. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    True, I mean, surely thats just Ratchets guess work?
    They never tried shoving the Allspark into a spark before. I guess Ratchet assumed that the pure amount of power and energy in the Allspark would just overload the spark, cause it to burn out or something?

19. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Ratchet would come up with a weapon and Ironhide would fire it and BAAAM Megatron's gone.

20. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

Megatron would have no doubt started genocide against humanity out of anger over losing, yes. Even if he was eventually destroyed by a human/Autobot alliance, he would still have done a good deal of damage in the process.

Prime's plan wasn't sound. Probably a result of the movie TFs beign a largely isolationist species with no prior interaction with either organic life, smaller life forms, or a lifeform with a large population.

True, humanity had weapons, but I doubt they would have been powerful enough to stop him instantly. Admittedly, I am getting sick of the "humans are a force that can war with Cybertron" stories that ruined almost all of the TF comics for me. The G1 toon and Energon were probably the only times I've ever seen the inetraction handled well. Armada and the movie have a good lead-in with the "just arrived" aspect.

Realistically, if 50+ big robot aliens ever showed up here, our ability to fight back would probably be limited and we'd suffer casualties before winning. The Autobots owuld bow down due to their morals, but Decepticons? Like they care. Then there's the whole organization aspect... you'd have to potentially organize ALL of the military forces available, and try to ally with other countries in the process.