Primes don't party

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by theironhulk, Feb 26, 2011.

1. theironhulk

theironhulk Autobot Medic

News Credits:
    We've gone through 8 episodes of Transformers: Prime and I feel that the main man Optimus has been given the short end of the stick so far. I mean don't get me wrong, I do like a little variety in characters but I feel like we've gotten to know team prime (especially bulkhead and arcee) but not prime himself. Yeah we still have a lot of episodes left (and season 2) but there hasn't been a prime "prime" episode yet. maybe next week?

2. Ellamin

Ellamin Moonbeam Dreamer

News Credits:
    How do you write for a stick in the mud?

through Megatron's origins.

3. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Patience is in order.. after all the series is called--Transformers: Prime..
    Prime's don't party..they have too much to worry about, too many concerns regarding their bots and humans in their safekeeping. The Decepticons and their schemes will keep a Prime's processor occupied.
    I suspect they will have more background stories on Prime and how he became one, especially when Megatron revives. Hopefully even more of their story on Earth. Give them time..so sit back and have a snack :popcorn 

4. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

not to be too much of a smart alec here, but military leaders really don't tend to party too much in the middle of an active war theater.. when they do that, bad bad things tend to happen..

And lets face it, that whole planet is an active war theater for the Autobots.

5. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe we haven't been given much about our friend Optimus yet because it's keeping us in the dark about his past so they have something to hit us with later on the this season at least...

...that or they're waiting for our friend Megatron to return so they can get to that :lol 

jD001

6. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I think someone raised this in the ep. discussion thread, and I was curious about it too: Arcee's use of the plural "Primes" makes me wonder if there are other Primes still alive at the current time, or if Arcee was referring to other Primes of the past before Optimus?

Either way, it seems holding the position of Prime traditionally does not entail 'partying'.

As for not much being revealed about Optimus yet, as mpl said above, have patience. I'm certain he and his past will be addressed in time to come. They're taking it slow with him. We're getting hints and references about him, his past and his Prime lineage gradually through things said at the moment. So we know there's more history to him than has been shown.

7. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I mentioned the pluralisation man, it does seem to me there are more out there and that they may arrive or give backstory to it, it appears Optimus was friends and allies with megatron before before he turned bad, I imagine the storyline will be like LOTR that Optimus represents elrond who wants nothing to do with the rings or energon in Primes case and wants it destroyed yet megatron who like isildur gets corrupted and takes the power for himself, it seems the way in which the creators are going and is more or less like wfc.

8. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I don't think we've seen a whole lot about Optimus because there isn't a lot. I mean sure, he has different details from other Optimii, but I think he isn't that far off from other portrayals of Prime. Instead of focusing in on him, which would probably elicit complaints of "More of the same", they'll give us a chunk of episodes for the characters we don't know and can't predict. Draw us in that way, then give us some heavy Prime character ;) 

9. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

This show's taking alot from Animated. It could be that "Prime" is simply a rank given to an Autobot commander. Maybe the rank is named after the past original Primes as a way of honoring them. I hope Transformers Prime is going this route. That way Optimus can still be called Prime with the rank of Prime but not know that he is an ACTUAL living Prime descended from the original Primes. Maybe the Fallen wakes up eventually, discovers his existence, and tries to kidnap or kill him.

10. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's no denying Prime's development has been more limited compared to the rest, but I will say I liked the idea that he'd rather go for a drive then have a party. It suggests he's a guy who either prefers his own company or enjoys quiet.

11. Da_Razorsaw

Da_Razorsaw Highwire ownz j00

News Credits:
    Uh.

I think we got a healthy look at what Prime is like and what he's all about in both Scrapheap and Masters and Students.

12. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Unlikely unless they are going to split even further from WFC/Exodus as the official pre-prime story.

13. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

there isn't enough emotion for him. we know he's the leader of the Autobots, but he need a little more personality.

14. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    So, he drives away from the base, nowhere near the bots whose lifes are now being threatened by an impostor?

15. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

That's pretty much how I took it.

16. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

I actually liked the note of respect Arcee had in her voice when she said that line. Like she's clearly not poking fun at Prime, but informing Jack of what Primes are like.

17. Jive Guru

Jive Guru Professional Amateur

Optimus Prime is like Jean-Luc Picard.

This I can relate to.

18. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

There needs to be a shot where Prime trashes a bunch of model ships in a fit of frustration.

19. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't count exodus or wfc as tie ins to this media, certainly not wfc anyway, totally different characterisations. This Optimus is the most interesting yet, A/E/C Prime sucked and so did RID. This Optimus seems more battle hardened and an actual leader. I love him.

20. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    And then he feeds his fish.