Prime's Death in a Sequel

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by fernbern, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fernbern

fernbern Well-Known Member

I wonder (and I haven't read anyting about it), if they will kill Optimus Prime in the sequel, or in #3.
    Personally, I think it would be a huge mistake. I really think, what killed the series in the 80s (and eventually the toy line) was the death of Prime. You just don't wipe out a hero, unless you plan to end it there.
    This movie has revitalized the toy line, and people's interests. I was a teenager when I saw the movie, and the subsequent series were just stupid (in the 80s). I'm now trying to warm up to Beast Wars, and I watch "Cybertron" on the cartoon network. But they lack the writing of the original series.
    I'd like to see Rodimus Prime make an appearance in a sequel. And maybe even Elita One. (Now that would be a funny twist.)
    Doug

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I dont think they'd kill prime. I don't think hasbro would let them.

3. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If you buy the special 20th aniversary dvd, the interviews had some reps from Hasbro, they said if they knew the impact of Killing Prime would have back then, they never would have done it.

4. Prime64

Prime64 In state of deep blue

As a sort've homage, they could kill him in the sequel, then bring him back in the third movie (assuming there is one). It's like Megatron. I don't think he's going to stay dead for long. Either that,or they'll bring him back as galvatron.

5. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I wish he would die early/halfway through the 2nd movie, then the Autobots lose, then he comes back to kick ass in the third. It's sorta like the original Star Wars

6. VehiconTypeRID

VehiconTypeRID Active Member

Yeah they said that they were just introducing the next years product line and that they tons of hate mail over it. Cus the parents had to deal with kids crying for a cartoon character that they loved and was now gone from the show, and the parents had to explain something to the kids (who are all here on the 'net reliving our youth).

The guys at Hasbro really didn't have a clue as to the impact the Op's had nor the impact that the show had on us. It was so revolutionary back then..... Ahhh....... I remember the News networks always showing parents fighting and running after the TF toys right around Christmas. Now that was a sight to behold back then..........

7. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If they kill Prime, they kill The Transformers. Kind of like G1 all over again. I doubt it'll happen.

8. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Let's not rehash the mistakes of the past. There's a reason I don't like the original movie.

9. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.