Heavy/Scratch: PrimeMaster weapons, faces + more to come(Shapeways)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Cha Chi, May 26, 2018.

1. Agent Prime 2814

Agent Prime 2814 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I was hoping for waverider on micronus...Grimlock is a nice one though.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    Waverider for a last micronus mold is coming next. Promise.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    No bundles, the prices are pretty much the best i can offer them i'm affraid.

4. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    image.jpeg

Started painting, tooth picks and pin brushes, and it's going ok.
    Test prints in for primemaster bugly and grimlock. They came out good. I have a few minor things to tweak but fit is good mostly on both. I could put the bugly up but might as well wait till i get the final grimlock so they can go up together, the grimlock i am changing alittle more.

Not sure when that might be, might wait till i finish some of the next designs(yes waverider).

• Like Like x 10
  5. Agent Prime 2814

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Awesome...I got the printings of Stranglethorn, Longtooth, and Doubleheader but havent started to paint yet. I am gonna try to get the coatings of white primer on this weekend...Bugly looks great...just doesn't fit my roster for primes...nor does grimlock...I am curious who the surprise will be for who comes with Waverider...going on a limb and say hope its Vrooom.

6. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    Hey, man, thanks for the purchase. Goodluck with painting. It sure can take time.

Who is next i am not leaving as a surprise. I am doing waverider and grandmax! Loads of people have mentioned WR so i really have to do it, and i guess a good number mentioned grandmax. Going to get these two big ones out the way. I have started on both but made most progress on WR.

I may just finish WR and order him grimlock and few other orders i want to make, hopefully i get them all up at once. I will see how much progress i can make, i don't want to leave it too long.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Agent Prime 2814

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    So grand max is the one you mentioned will be Megatronus/Bombburst shell with Liege Maximo Arms? I remember you said Micronus as Waverider and Grimlock. Luckily I know a few places that still have a couple of Micronus. And a few Liege. To complete my narrative for Avatars of the Primes, I needed 5 new shells for the missing 5 Prime Masters. Longtooth I picked as shell for Almagamous. Stranglethorn = Onyx (since his original bot was a beast). Doubeheader = Nexus. Waverider has always been my Prima choice because I see him as more than a sea vehicle and more of a cosmic entity like Silver Surfer. That left the arisen. Only a few shells fit for him since I consider The Arisen as Optimus Prime. Vroom was 1. Grand Max was a 2nd because he almost looks like a black mini Optimus. Bugly might work if I made him a false prime like Zeta or Nominus.

8. Kamen Ranger Bat

Kamen Ranger Bat omae wa mou shindei

Google+:
    YouTube:
    Any wait for grimlock. I'm thinking cloudburst would be the best for matching colors and shoulders.

9. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:

Waverider and Grimlock shells will be for the same Cloudburst(micronus). Clouburst is a tricky one to get so i am only using cloudburst for these two characters. Thankfully i got a couple myself now(thanks to @fratboy28 for one).

Grandmax shell will be for Metalhawk or Landmine mold/toy. Metalhawk and Landmine are much more common and i am going to use them a whole lot... I've used it twice and grandmax will be three and then i can see myself using it five more times at least. Maybe one of these future shells will be interchangeable/complementry with Bludgeon, as it could just as easilly go with his arms but won't have to(FYI)

Bugly shell is for Octopunch. Because i found octopunchs arms went better with the Longtooth shell i already made i have done this Bugly shell which as you can see above uses the arms from the mold that the Longtooth body had(Skullgrin/Bomburst). So this way it can be easy switch round if people go that extra mile. Alternatively the Bugly shell will fit Submaurauder mold just as well, his arms probably also might suit the Longtooth shell also but not ideal i would say. I may post an picture example of this later.

I aim to do Iguanas and Finback and this will be for Submaurauder.

The Skullgrin or Bomburst mold i will use atleast a couple more times... I have three extras at the mo so i should put them to use.

So those are my plans all laid out. If you want these guys to complete your primes there will be plenty to choose from, my advice wait until Jan or Feb. I guess i am not quite half way through yet. My goal is mini pretender army, pretty crazy time and money but that is collecting so why not.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    Soon as that Bugly is available ill be making a purchase of him and doubleheader and longtooth.

11. fratboy28

fratboy28 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to share my painted edition of your awesome Longtooth shell! The mold turned out great! Looking forward to more!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  12. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    That looks great man.

I put some paint on my longtooth last week, actually the green i mixed looks exactly like that... Love the blue on you got there, the titanmasters looks factory made.

They are a lot of fun to paint i have found. Obviously if your idea of fun is taking five hours to paint something 5cm tall lol. Monies worth. Lol

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

Speaking of which

In other news been having a bit of headache with Shapeways. Price increases and longer order times means i am now looking at other 3d printing services away from Shapeways as the margins are really tight i don't particularly want transfer quite big costs on in future. An alternative seems to be Sculpteo which shouldn't be too different from SW for US and European customers. I am yet to test them but i will be.

Also this messing about is further drawn out by SW's longer times now, which has set me back in terms getting stuff ready to order.

Anyhow, i will sort it out. Also i am considering selling two shells together(as was mentioned to me before) to try reduce costs further, obviously there'd still be a choice of individuals shells.

Bugly is pretty much ready, has a small tweak from what is seen above. Just a case of putting him on which i should do this weekend for those that have asked me. @Rumble02

Consider waiting though, i am investigating SW alternatives.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 8
  13. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    And Bugly is up: Predator by MiniMondoMayhem on Shapeways

I should be getting those others completed sometime like December(fingers crossed). Also @Rumble02 particularly i must make a correction, i don't recommend Bugly for the Submaurauder toy, it does fit kind off which made me think it fit but really the Submaurauder shell part fills out more around the feet clip so Bugly shell would be too loose. If you used some modelling putty(whatever it is called) i think one could make work however for a straight/instant fit i don't recommend it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    Danke. Good to know

• Like Like x 1
  15. sdmacleod

sdmacleod Well-Known Member

Hey @Cha Chi, while we're still able to get Prime Master duplicates in stores, can you say at this time how many of each you expect this project to require at completion? I've got single duplicates of everybody - is that enough for all you might do?
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    Hi, know what i am going to list out my plans entirely. Below is what i have in mind doing in the immediate future. I will be happy if i get that far.

Octopunch - 1Bugly

Submaurauder - 1Iguanas 2Finback

Skulgrin/Bomburst - 1longtooth 2Bandito 3Roadblock

Metalhawk/landmine - 1doubleheader 2stranglehold 3grandmax(in progress) 4thunderwing 5pincher 6oilmaster 7original female character 8jazz 9bumblebee

Cloudburst - 1grimlock 2waverider

As i say if i do all of these i will be pretty happy, at some point i may run out of fizz. I am expecting that happen sometime where i will put everything on hold for 6 months. In the above list i have maybe 10/11 new shells to make and i hope i do them all or most before overloading(ever the optimist).

Obviously there are some characters missing and i know i missed someones favorite but i have my plate full as you see. There is more i would like to do but can't really say i will do. Maybe in long long term.

Those are: starscream from skulgrin, skyhammer from cloudburst(if i can find one), zarak and crossblades from metalhawk(more) vroom. Then there are also backpack weapons to think about.

Here is my stockpile i haven't opened yet.

image.jpeg
    Not enough metalhawk lol
    Better get to work.

• Like Like x 6
  17. fratboy28

Looking forward to these bud! Really wanting the Bugly, Iguanas, Roadblock, Waverider, Finback, Grandmax, Thunderwing and Pincher!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

Hell YEAH Bandito Spider! Will he come with a backpack or something to give him his extra arms?

• Like Like x 1
  19. sdmacleod

sdmacleod Well-Known Member

Thank you. You're awesome! Guess I'll hold on to the extra Metalhawks I've got, too!

• Like Like x 1
  20. fratboy28

Finished painting the Pretender shells from Shapeways (thanks Cha Chi!!)
    , they turned out great! Looking forward to more of these! Painted these to match the G1 figures.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8