Minor/Repaint: Primed JAZZ

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by dkrolickm, Aug 26, 2008.

1. dkrolickm

dkrolickm Beast Wars Predacon

Ebay:
    Awesome!:thumbs2: 

2. tformer0607

tformer0607 Home in CT!

Ebay:
    imagin jazzimus prime

3. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    his veicule mode reminds me of cybertron mode IDW Hot Rod!

4. dyingwill3rd

dyingwill3rd Life is a fabled mystery

dude on youtube many people would think that it was smokescreen before you revealed it right now. AWESOME JOB

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This is a really neato idea. The resemblance of Jazz to Prime is an interesting one from that mold. It's neat to see you take that cue and make something totally your own.

I do have a couple of suggestions:

• Work on your photographs. I'm not sure what camera you're using, but it's not doing your work justice. You are using a nice, neutral setup, so you're off to a good start. I completely understand about the hindrances of available technology. For my first year of making customs, I was using a 1 mp digicam. I am proud to say that I pushed that sucker further than it was designed to go with my photographs (with the aid of Photoshop), but I suffered well until I got something better. If you don't have a tripod, do yourself and your work a favor: get one. I got a very high end tripod at Wal*mart for under $20. It's been some of the best $20 I've spent.
    • I'd suggest doing something on the design level with the two-tone red and blue. I think the design would benefit with something a bit more flattering of the alt mode design. Google is your friend here. I can't count the times that I've looked up car designs and such just to make my alt mode designs hotter. In the end, it's time well spent.

Aside from those two observations, I think you're doing very well. The photos are hard to tell how well done your paint apps are, but it does look like that you can clean 'em up just a tad.

I certainly don't want you to think I'm being overly critical of your work (not the Radicon way :wink: ). Quite the contrary as I believe any art worthy of a good critique is worthy to withstand and benefit from it :wink:  I do hope my thoughts have been constructive enough to help you continue to grow as an artist. I hope we see more from ya, buddy!

Keep 'em comin! :thumb 

6. starshooter8

starshooter8 AutoCon

This is a repaint iv been wanting to do ever sense i got Jazz i thought he had just the right bulk and size to him to had a Optimus Prime Recoloring done to him. Here he is Primed JAZZ.

Attached Files:

7. LoneWolf76

LoneWolf76 Well-Known Member

Robot mode works very well, although I'd use some clear blue over silver paint on the breast.
    But in car mode there is a strong difference between the blue and red part.
    Maybe some movie-inspired flames that change painting from red to blue will be good!

8. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    I love the idea of creating a Prime from another figure. The robot mode looks sweet, but I have to agree about the paint apps in vehicle mode. I think it'd look better if you figured out another way to do the paint where the two colors meet... Maybe angle the line towards the front, so it angles up towards the rear? -Hope that makes sense...

Otherwise, great concept, and the execution's pretty slick too...

9. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    pretty cool idea man. My only beef is that I would've tried to make the two colors flow a little better in alt mode. You could still do it two-toned to give it the bot look you want while doing so.