Prime Wheeljack Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Brooticus, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Awesome awesome figure!

3. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The last time I had a Wheeljack, I was around 6 (so G1) & it was stolen by the kids next door.

This is the 1st time I've really ever wanted another & I can't wait to snag him...

4. TenScaryMonkeys

TenScaryMonkeys Can You Believe How Great These Pants Look?

Absolutely adore that the alt-mode, while reminiscent of the original (and gorgeous) Lancia Stratos, is even MORE evocative of the recent re-design of that car painted up in the old G1 livery. Same general proportions and angles, just with the Pure Sex factor turned up to 11.

Y'know, I wonder if any of the Hasbro designers have ever transitioned to automotive design in later acts of their careers. They've gotten really, really good at designing cars over the past decade or so. A lot of their alt-modes would look right at home on the show floors of the big auto shows.

5. Nerdicon

Nerdicon Caffene=Energon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Skyrim what have you done... On the other hand, wheeljack is AWESOME!

6. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Sorry mate, your camera auto focuses and refocuses every few seconds making it really hard to concentrate on the video...

7. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

gorgeous, looks like i may be getting a few prime figs after all. looking forward to this and soundwave

8. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

This is probably the Prime figure that I am looking forward to getting the most.

9. Destron23

Destron23 Vehicon

Very nice review, glad to see WJ's transformation! :D  When WJ eventually gets released in Canada, I think I may actually use him as my Classics WJ instead of the one I have (the mold just never seemed to work for me despite WJ being the first character developed for the mold).

It's a bit off topic, but I wonder why WJ's package had the Youtube logo on it?

10. Brooticus

News Credits:
    Sorry bud, its annoying as hell I know.

11. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

The camera quality was hit-or-miss at times, but otherwise that was a nice review for a cool toy!

I'm also very happy you can actually store his swords on his vehicle mode chassis! I was originally worried that if you didn't want them attached to his front bumper, you'd have to just leave them unattached altogether.

Also, isn't that way of slotting his swords down his back actually the way they're stored in the show?

(And honestly, I kind of liked the Skyrim joke. The "Yo dawg" one was kind of iffy, though.)

12. Bumblebee3

Bumblebee3 Autobot

News Credits:
    This figure tugs at my heart I was around 6 or 7 and it was THE ONLY transformer my Dad ever bought me RIP Dad...... I took it to school and did a DAY TRADE with a friend and took his Indiana Jones figure home and he took my Wheeljack... We were SUPPOSED to bring them the next day and trade back??? Well the kid told his parents I stole his toy and I got in trouble and had his toy with me at school to trade back so I looked guilty when I tried to tell them the deal the boy lied and didnt know what i was talking about on my toy OF COARSE..... OH guess what i never got my Wheeljack back so I hope to get this one for the sheer memory????? If any member can help me out gettin one please shoot me a PM? Thanks

13. LUGNUT1995

LUGNUT1995 TFWiki info gatherer

WANT!!! But when are we gonna get the Voyager Bulkhead to go with it?

14. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's great the Transformation isn't just pull down legs and pull arms off like I thought. Those legs are really involved and the sword storage and look at the sleek back makes me very excited for this guy. Him and Soundwave are up there until I get a good peek at the vehicon.

Bumblebee is really a step back from the youtube video I saw of him. Automorph is great and that looks fine, but the kibble just hangs there in the back. Good for kids though since he's so simple.

15. Opprime-G1

Opprime-G1 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wow, Jackie is a really nice figure. He looks fantastic and his alt mode really does look like a modern day Lancia Stratos, if Lanica still made cars. Can't wait to get him.
    [​IMG]

16. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Thanks for the review, Brooticus.
    I think Prime Wheeljack, while fitting in with the Prime universe, makes a better Generations Wheeljack than Generations Wheeljack.

The Prime figures have done nothing but impress me thus far.
    I don't think I'm going to be saving any money anytime soon.

17. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I fucking love Wheeljack. He's got mad transformation skillz.

18. blaynescott

blaynescott Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I appreciate everyone who takes the time to do reviews - but has no one ever heard of setting your camera to SINGLE AF (auto-focus), instead of leaving it on CONTINUOUS Autofocus?

The poor camera's trying to readjust what it's looking at - which is great if you're moving the camera about - or have people walking near/away from the lens -- but if you'd set the focus on a single area (toy on table) - it'll look fine.

19. WarConvoy

WarConvoy Earth Defense Command

Ebay:
    I cant wait!
    I'm a G1 Fan. I grew up with G1 and watched the episoded when they first aired. I'm sorry but I never really liked Wheeljack. Only thing I liked about him is he helped create the Dinobots.
    I love his depiction in Transformers Prime. I hope they bring more of the Wreckers in Season 2 and beyond.

Oh and I hope they make a version of Wheeljack without his mask. If they don't maybe a 3rd party would make one.

20. Brooticus

News Credits:
    The camera I've got is excellent - the software? Not so much! No such option I'm afraid. However, I'll try to keep the figure further away and more still in future.

Also, apologies if that high pitch squealing is sending all the dogs in the vicinity a bit mental. God know what that's about...