2D Artwork: Prime Wasp (plus Alt Mode and Weopons)

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Spiderus Prime, Mar 20, 2011.

1. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    It's a work in progress, just remember there's room for improvement in all drawings.

You've got a ton of room to work with, which is awesome. This kind of stuff is the stuff I like working with. I always start with a stickman, every time, and work my way up. You've got more than a stickman here, keep adding to it.

2. kristaldoodle

kristaldoodle Nutbar

Uh that drawing is..um...

3. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Good. Yesss

4. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    No Spiderus, it really isn't.
    The drawing lacks any form of symmetry or proportion. The lines are sloppy, there's hardly any detail, and... it just isn't easy to look at, and take seriously.

Try using a ruler to make straight lines, and take note of how long those lines are. That way, you get a nice straight panel line for a robot, and you know how long that line is, so you can match up the same length for the other side, so it's symmetrical.
    Use previous pictures of Waspinator as reference, so you get an idea of what character you're drawing.

5. SpeedFreak01

SpeedFreak01 Well-Known Member

At least he's honest.

But he's right. You need to take care with your work. What I would suggest (and what I suggested to my Transformers-drawing apprentice) is start off with a basic "skeleton" of sorts- like a stickman (I generally start with the torso), and add the details around it. Also, I would suggest using a software with layers, such as Paint.net or GIMP. The layers would really help you add effects such as battle damage, and help improve your shading.

Keep at it, and I'm sure you'll improve in leaps and bounds!