Prime vs Renegades

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Prime's Pappa, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Prime's Pappa

Prime's Pappa Animated Forever

After watching 2 episodes of both shows I really liked both and thought there were some negatives for both too but over all I liked the Renegades show a little more...I know this is a TF website but was just wondering if anyone else saw both and could pick a fav...I know it is very early but the joe story was nice and fairly graphic with the dead cows and violence...lol I was impressed by this...I liked the effects and some of the action for the Prime cartoon but felt it was a bit corny and I know this is blasphemy but I am a bit tired of PC doing OP's voice between the movies, wfc and some games and feel he added to the corniness but still enjoyed it overall

2. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    I don't like the fact that both shows killed off a main character. I would have been fine if just Prime did it but to have both of them do the same thing seemed a bit lame.

I like both shows so far but like the look/animation of Prime way better than the design of Renegades.

Either way I will continue to watch both!

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I just found it a bit odd that both series would start out with the death of characters. Kind felt like both teams had been looking over each others shoulders with how much was the same with both shows.

Overall I like both of them so far. Enough of the past to give it all a familiar feel and yet the two shows both have interesting new takes on the characters and the world they live in. On the similarities it felt good that both series were attempting to distance themselves from their respective live action movies.

Although in the end GI Joe might get the edge since their animation style would let them have more old characters show up here and there. Just something exciting about seeing how updates of classic characters can work out.

4. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Has Renegades been posted on YouTube? I couldn't find it yesterday. From what I read, it looks like Ripcord's killed off, but only Duke really cares about that fact. The others just don't care too much being that they didn't know him too well. However, with Cliffjumper, they all seem to care, especially Arcee.

5. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I liked both and I'm not even a Joe fan. Only thing annoying me about Renegades is the art style. It's just not my thing.

6. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I never got into Joe all that much as a kid, so I may be bias in that I like TFP better.

That said, Renegades was still a pretty good show in it's own right. I like the art style. It reminds me of Guy Davis' stuff. (B.P.R.D.)

7. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    No the whole episode is not on YT yet - The Joe fandom apparently isnt as efficient as the TF one!

8. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    This is, unfortunately, all too true.

9. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Thanks for letting me know.

10. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I loved them both alot.... I love them alot!

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

In the episode Duke is the only member of the team who knew him. The other members of the team had only known him for about 6 hours and he spent most of that time getting on their nerves.

When Jack asked Arcee if Bumblebee was a friend of hers she said he was family so I'm guessing the Autobots on Earth have known each other for very long time.

I kind of wonder if the whole Ripcord thing wasn't the cartoon's way of getting back at the live action movie. When you mention the live action movie to Joe fans they tend to say what movie like we could collectively wipe it from our memory.

12. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They were both good. I'm surprised no one posted any "they raped my childhood" posts.

13. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Three years, as far as we know.

14. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Think if it this way, you wanted the Cons to look like a threat? You have it. They offed one major Autobot in the beginning. It shows they arenĀ“t joking around.