Prime vs Animated

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Burnout53, Oct 8, 2012.

?

Which show is better: Prime or Animated?

Poll closed Oct 22, 2012.
  1. Transformers Prime

59 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. Transformers Animated

112 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Both are equally awesome!

51 vote(s)
    22.8%
  4. I don't like either of them.

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  1. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Resident couch potato

Prime has sweet graphics and an interesting plot with cool characters. Animated was a good one too it had my favorite Transformer in it :D  Which Prime has yet to include. So I like them both.

2. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Animated. By a landslide 45 feet.

While I like TFP, TFA destroys it. Great characters, personalities all around, and no waste of story or potential.

Plus Blackarachnia is way better than Airachnid.

3. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I agree with this, except the last point about the toys. Overally, the Prime line has really upped the ante in terms of design, articulation, and show accuracy. The Animated toys were nice, but it seems clear to me that the design teams at Hasbro and Takara have greatly improved since then.

Animated is clearly the better written show. Animation/style is really up to personal preference, but I don't one can seriously argue that Prime is better when it comes to story arcs and characters.

I like Prime a LOT and actually prefer its overal tone to the more zany, cartoony world of Animated, but Animated is definitely the better show imo.

4. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

although i do like TFA prime is slowly becoming my fav of all time.

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Animated Prowl and Prime Arcee share very similar transformations, yet Prowl remains one of the greatest TF toys ever made (damn near perfect articulation, NO kibble in robot mode, accuracy to the show that's second to none) while even with two different deluxe toys Prime Arcee can't even come close in any of those catagories.

And there is no excuse for Airachnid, even the worst of Animated's deluxes was superior to her. At a lower price, too!

6. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    They believe that they're the good guys, and the Autobots are the tyrants. Megatron himself wants to rule, but the other Cons want to return to Cybertron, their home, from their exile.

7. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Animated destroys Prime.

8. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Even deluxe Megatron?

Also, I'm sure people would say TFA Blackarachnia is a far superior figure, right?

9. s_cren

s_cren Banned

I don't think you can fairly judge this til prime is over that way you can know how everything's plays out

10. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Both are exceptions to the rule.

And remember, by no means am I saying Animated were bad figures. :) 

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Anything that has worthwhile arm articulation is better than Airachnid. Heck, anything with worthwhile HEAD articulation is better than Airachnid.

Prime is getting close to the S2 finalie, and shit only really started happening after Smokescreen showed up. Aside from the boring artifact collection arc, absolutely NOTHING from S1 and most of S2 has had any significance in Prime's show from changing the general status quo.

Animated, in comparison, was setting up long term plot events well before the halfway point of S1. Lockdown, who at first appears just to be a side character and only shows up three times in the entire series, ends up being one of the most influential characters in the entire show because his actions during the war was what set up the story in the pilot episode and plays a big part in both Ratchet's AND Prowl's character development during the series.

12. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I disagree, Animated's designs seem to all be heavily based around the idea of giving them 100% show-accurate figures. Bumblebee and Sentinel Prime even have fake kibble in the show to make sure the toys and characters match. I'd argue that almost every single figure in Transformers Animated is amazing and looks like it walked right out of the show. I own every figure and I enjoy every figure with huge satisfaction. I cannot say the same about Prime, even though I also own almost every Prime figure released thus far. I feel like the Prime character designs weren't made with the toys in mind quite as much as Animated and that ends with less show accurate figures, even with standouts like FE Prime, AM Breakdown, Soundwave and mainline Vehicon. I also don't see why Prime toys have more articulation. Animated toys articulation were of about the same quality.

13. Wikkid

Wikkid Completely retired customizer

Being that I loath everything about Animated, Prime walks away with an easy victory.

14. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

To me, Prime's main benefit is a Welker voiced Megatron and a Cullen voiced Optimus.

Animated has a Bumblebee that can talk and is a small car, as opposed to a beeping muscle-car.

The main thing I dislike about both, is the small Autobot cast of characters, but all in all, I think I've enjoyed Animated a bit more.

15. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Animated has a better story and toy line. Most of the characters are original when it comes to personality. I like to look of prime over animated but that's it.

16. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Animated, no contest.

17. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:

18. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I like them both, really. I enjoy watching them, and I enjoy their toys.

19. Killamarshan

Killamarshan Iacon Tourist

I like Prime but it’s always going to come off second best when compared to Animated. Animated had bags of personality and character … not to mention wit, sass and a refreshing style the franchise had never seen before.

Prime, for all it's many strengths, has never fully established it’s own identity.

20. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cant believe there even needs to be a poll, wtf Prime owns animated! Come at me brah!