Prime Voice?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by cougarcat13t, Feb 16, 2009.

1. cougarcat13t

cougarcat13t Man In Black!

Has anyone watched the series "Cybertron"??? Are those the same voice actors as in Beast Wars?? Optimus Prime, Megatron sound the same, and the voice for Vector Prime sounds like Rhinox from Beast Wars!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

Yes they are the same voice actors from Beast Wars for Armada, Energon, and Cybertron. I think there was at least one or two others, but I don't remember who.

3. cougarcat13t

This is the first time I watched the Cybertron series. But the character Ransack sounds and acts like Rattrap lol! Just not evil. I just got done watching the whole series of R.I.D. and talk about crap! It was such a horrible show!! But for some reason I couldn't stop watching it!!

4. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Scott McNeil, Colin Murdoch, and Brian Drummond also did voices in both continuities. There's probably more as well...

5. cougarcat13t

They should of used the voice of these Megatrons for the Movie Megatron! That would of been cool, not Hugo Weaving!

6. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    That voice just would not fit the movieverse Megatron. Weaving's more beastly approach worked quite well.

7. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Here? On these boards? Not likely.

:p 

8. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Yes. BW/BM's Optimus Primal and the Unicron Trilogy's Optimus Prime are both voiced Gary Chaulk while the Megatrons of BW/BM and Unicron Trilogy are voiced by David Kaye. Rhinox and Vector Prime are both voiced by Richard Newman.

I seriously disagree. David Kaye is an awesome voice actor but his Megatron voice would NOT be in character for movie Megs. Hugo Weaving's voice was far more appropriate.

9. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

Yeah, I kind of have to agree with this - I have a lot of trouble imagining Kaye's Megatron voice coming out of Movie Megatron.

10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Beast Wars and the A/E/C trilogy were all done by the same voice studio in Vancouver (if I recall correctly) so its no surprise that there would be similar voices. Did you recognize that David Kaye is doing the voice of Prime and Grimlock on Transformers: Animated?

Hell, I think Chalk/Kaye were Prime/Megatron for nearly 10 years, across like 5 shows, and that other people like Drummond, and McNeil also did voices.

If that weirds you out, look at some of the other things the G1 voice actors were in. Peter Cullen is the voice of Eeyore now, and did the vocalizations for the Predator in Predator 1 and 2. Welker has had hundreds of voices, from Fred on Scooby Doo to Nibbler on Futurama. Hell, I was watching a Re-run of Night Gallery the other day and who should appear but Michael Bell, the voice of Prowl/Sideswipe/a bunch of other G1 characters.

11. cougarcat13t

That's cool they kept using the same voices! I really like the way Megs sounds in Beast Wars! His voice sounded intelligent and sophisticated. Yes! :lol  Thats why I thought they should of used his voice in the movieverse, but yeah I guess Hugo did work out well for Megs in the movie, but Megatron has not ever really been so, how do we say it... Savage?? He is usually somewhat intelligent and smart(for the most part) Not all like RAWR! Megatron... Grrr Megatron like in the movie... I guess I could say I really didnt like how boneheaded they portrayed Megs in the movie, when we are all use to a thinker and a schemer not a savage beastly Megs.

PS I think Beast Wars was the best Transformers series to come out since G1, same with the toys! BW Rampage, Transmetal II Megs, and Optimus Optimal were some kick ass toys with awesome transformation! :D 

12. cougarcat13t

lol yeah... should of known that one ;)  :lol 
    Kind of a no brainer if you are on TFW2005.com!!!

13. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, Megs did come out a cold shower in the first film: Weaving portrayed that very well. In the sequel, I believe Weaving will show the calculating side of Megatron with increased screentime: this is the guy who played Agent Smith, Elrond and V afterall.

14. cougarcat13t

Yeah V was cool as hell, but I still think Megs was a little to monsterly! I know he is supposed to be psychotic and all, but not like that, I think he said Megatron more then actual words! It was always "Megatron, Megatron, Megatron" lol Funny but I like Megs a lot and this one was just not up to my expectations for Megs, but then again, Bay did sorta slaughter the Series... I can't stand Bumble Bee and how he said 7 words in the whole movie! "I wish to stay with the boy" I mean come on! :lol  Also Barricade!? Rarrrarrrarr!! then *poof* I'm gone!

15. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Welcome to the wonderful world of cartoon voice acting. I started noting cartoon voice similarities 25 years ago, thanks to Transformers actually. It eventually led me to create the web's first active online community for voice actor fans, and my pursuit of voice acting as a side career as well.

It's always neat to see new fans developing an interest in the voice talents behind the characters.

Jim Cummings has done Eeyore for some Pooh productions as well.

And Gregg Berger (Grimlock) voiced Eeyore in Kingdom Hearts II.

16. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    wait this Eeyoremus Prime,Eey-Gar & Eeyorelock?

17. cougarcat13t

:lolol 
    I could just imagine that!!!

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I agree that Weaving's Megs was the perfect voice for that more brutal portrayal of Megatron.

19. cougarcat13t

Yeah, I do recall them mentioning something along the lines on the special features about them using G1's Megs voice, but it wouldn't match up right... is their video of that somewhere?? I love it when they put the G1 voice over the part where Megs tells Starscream he failed him yet again! Starscream is a failure big time lol!

20. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Frank Welker did the voice of Movie Megatron in the video game adaptation of the movie, if that's what you're talking about.