Prime Toys Gallery

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by WoundSave, Jan 18, 2012.

1. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks to good location, luck, and a very helpful stock manager at TRU (who actually stashed a Prime Bulkhead for me in the warehouse during Xmas madness) - I've managed to collect the six Prime figures out in North America so far. (not including the entertainment pack, not interested at all personally)...

I saw someone a lot of questions in a Blukhead pics thread that i thought maybe i oul help answer. I also ont really have a good setup for quality pics, sorry...

sneak peek fall 2012 TFP PONYTRON joins the Autobot cause:

[​IMG]

Head-on Autobots

[​IMG]

slight angle

[​IMG]

The Death of Optimus Prime (setup fail!)
    [​IMG]

Starscream in the Spotlight

[​IMG]

Groups with Starscream -

[​IMG]

trying to squat Arcee down to make her not so tall....
    [​IMG]

4 deluxes side-by-side
    [​IMG]

Starscream is the only model that can really look up, like, at all....
    [​IMG]

dont cry B, you'll get your voice back, its only been 4 million years.
    [​IMG]

Bumblebee - just a point of note. i find his naturallooking poses somewhat limited to boxing stances, which look good, but shooting his guns poses seem kind of awkward- that being said- the forearm can rotate separately from the elbow :

centered
    [​IMG]

inwards
    [​IMG]

outwards
    [​IMG]

--note the elbow joint isn't moved between those shots

A shot of Arcee's weapons on her legs instead of forearms (whih i think looks better fordisplay personally)

[​IMG]

Slight Variation on transforming Cliffjumper -i slot the little tabs that make up the front corners of the ar so that they are still visible from the front of the model- the instructions would have you tuck them away completely. I think this makes the model look better at the waist (Cliff is sort of gorilla-ish-his arms are long, anyways.. minor transformation variation:

instructions -
    [​IMG]

me -
    [​IMG]

ALSO- i dont think the second mold cliffjumper has the hand cannons, he just has a stupid club thing, but no awesome hand cannons.... they're awesome

point of note- his feet can swing to hide along either panel of his legs during trans toaltmode- make sure they end up beside his head
    [​IMG]

Starscream - little transformation pointer- in four steps
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Aim for the holes!
    [​IMG]

4. CLICK - o yea...
    [​IMG]

then the head swings down into the gap in the front.

Bulkhead
    - such a great model- a little top heavy and can be limiting to posing, also- CAN NOT MOVE HEAD more than a little- this means that bulky will perpetually be sort looking down at least a little bit- if you try to overcompensate at the waist he tends to fall over...

at the back keep an eye out for the tabs

[​IMG]
    insert tab NOW!
    [​IMG]

Macross Bulkhead
    [​IMG]

Macross Bulk Headon
    [​IMG]

The instruction confused me here - the picture is somewhat unclear (admittedly i was pretty excited at the time...) - but you have ot make sure the legs go are tabbed togetherwithout the little gray jockstrap piece being left underneath- otherwise Bulkhead wont come together in the front.

meh- in pictures... what i cant explain well in words

[​IMG]

note the grey codpiece unfolding (icky)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

bring the legs around the codpiece before tabbing them together
    [​IMG]

should look like this from the bottom
    [​IMG]

note the two tabs above the wheelwell-the one on the left is going to insert into the hood, whilethe one on the right is going to cover the gap at the ege of the hood....
    [​IMG]

push with your thumb
    [​IMG]

et voila
    [​IMG]

Altmode Groups shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

topdown-
    [​IMG]

aft
    [​IMG]

piggyback!

[​IMG]
    (starscream actually sits well enough on bulk that you can push him around gently and stars will stay put)

back detail with flash -
    [​IMG]

Proof that Beast Wars is better
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

All you Primes are belong to me

hope that helps some people. i feel like a bit of a jackass reading all the people not from eastern canada wondering if there orders are still going to happen and stuff... dont hate.

edit - and my spelling and improper use of there is staying- its late! goodnight!

2. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very nice galore of pics indeed,thanks WoundSave

3. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Canadian TRU or U.S TRU?

I gotta ask, because i don't think the Voyagers have been seen at US retail yet.
    (have they?)

4. WoundSave

News Credits:
    Canadian

5. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    This should be moved to Toy Review, but otherwise, the many photos are greatly appreciated. I'm bummed that it was from Canada TRU, and not the US, as I was starting to get excited, but it's all good, and I agree with your assessment, at least for Arcee, Screamer and Bee, because those are the three I have so far.

6. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice photos, and thanks for the tips! I'll be on the lookout for the Hasbro versions of Arcee, Starscream, and Bumblebee today. =) I have the Takara versions of Cliffjumper, Optimus, and Bulkhead and I was impressed by all three. Very awesome molds and incredible likenesses to the character designs!

And hope the bird didn't poo on any of your figs. XD

7. WoundSave

News Credits:
    is it possible to get this moved to reviews? or is it worth reposting there? still very new here so not sure what protocol would be.

i've had birds for less than a year, but they are actually quite intentional about where they poo. If you are good to them, they will generally make a point to lean out and not poop on your shoulder or head, but if you piss them off they usually let you know. The dove in the pics basically follows me around the house all day, and "grooms" my fingers often when im sitting at the computer (cute, but sort of annoying cause he steps on the mouse alot)

these are the other four

[​IMG]

the blue bird, a barred parakeet, was tucked up inside my hoodie the first time i took her out for a walk (with dogs) a week after getting her. When we started heading home, she crawled out from behind my neck, stood just under my chin, leaned out, and managed to land all her poop on the ground, then crawl back into hiding. It was pretty obvious to me she was tryingto get rid of her waste in the least messy way possible. In the summer i clip flight feathers and bring the lovebirds and parakeet out for hikes (the doves cant hold on well to a shoulder cause they dont have the four toed parrot style foot like the others)