Prime toy help

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by caecae22, Feb 12, 2012.

1. caecae22

caecae22 mere human

Okay so i just got into prime again after think it was boring after watching the first 10 episodes, and now im wondering what the first edition versions of the toys are for and are they going to be released everywhere or just exclusive,sorry i just havent been paying attention to prime news.

thanks in advance.

2. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    All prices in USD

Bulkhead:75-80
    Optimus:50-70
    Cliffjumper:30-40
    Bumblebee:20-30
    Starscream:20-30
    Arcee:20-30
    Entertainment Pack:50

All prices are approximate, but I wish I were joking. These are the prices you pay to get them since Hasbro cancelled them

3. caecae22

caecae22 mere human

ok thank you!

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is a pretty easy question to find the answer to.

But in short, the First Edition waves were supposed to bridge the time until the full line, called Robots in Disguise (or PRID). The First Editions only saw wave one released in the US and up to wave 1.5 released outside. That's Voyager Optimus and Bulkhead, and deluxe Arcee, Bee, Starscream, and Cliffjumper (in wave 1.5).

The line was canceled abruptly and the internet rage created a hulking monster of destruction that destroyed parts of Tokyo.

The PRID line has officially been released and you can find wave 1 in stores if you are lucky. That is deluxe Wheeljack, Soundwave, Bee (a different and by popular opinion worse mold) and Cliffjumper (same situation as Bee). Voyager Megatron and Optimus (again, a worse version) have also been released.

It seems most prefer the FE versions of the characters as they are larger and more accurate. I am in this group and the only character who I feel has a better figure in the PRID line is Arcee but not by a drastic difference.

In the end if you like the PRID versions save yourself the money and time and just buy them. They will be super easy to find. If you don't, you'll have to pay a LOT more money for the First Edition figures. Bulkhead is currently $100 and is likely to skyrocket tomorrow.

5. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    RID's Bulkhead reveal today was absolutely painful. FE was MUCH better, especially Takara's paint job (although not show accurate). So yes he'll probably be going up in price soon (the FE).

6. caecae22

caecae22 mere human

thankyou i really appreciate your time.

7. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Since you're in Australia I'd comb the hobby stores or see if you can import any from Malaysia or the Phillipines. The price of these guys are ridiculous.

8. caecae22

caecae22 mere human

is 134 usd worth it for fe prime and bulkhead sold together?

9. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's about what I paid for them. I paid $70 of Optimus and 60 for Bulkhead. I haven't received them yet so I can't be sure I got my moneys worth but that is probably as cheep as you'll find them for now.

10. caecae22

caecae22 mere human

okay thanks