Prime Targets - worth buying?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Gridlock1987, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Gridlock1987

Gridlock1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

No. It's basically just full of one guy's opinion of every TF episode and comic saying they're all mostly shit. But the worst thing is he is CONSTANTLY getting characters names wrong and doesn't seem to understand the plots involved. He claims to be a huge TF fan but you could have fooled me. I think he called Cliffjumper by about three different names during the course of the book, none of which was actually "Cliffjumper". I think "Cliffhanger" was one...

The number of times I read "Aleta-1" or whatever it was, instead of "Elita-1" was just maddening!

It's almost funny but it just comes off as sad. The only thing it's good for is for a quick index of what happened in which episode/issue.

3. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have to disagree - I like this book! At the time of publishing (2001ish?) it was the only book of its kind... and still is (that's the sad thing).

Yes, it's mostly opinion (what kind of REVIEW BOOK isn't?) and some facts are wrong, and there are some typos (typical of non-official type stuff unfortunately)... but it's a neat little addition to any TF book shelf. Lots of interesting stuff, and I actually found some of the comments rather amusing.

If it's not too expensive, I say go for it.

4. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I have it, it's awful. Full of so many inaccuracies I could barely stomach it.

5. johnboy3434

johnboy3434 Well-Known Member

If you can find it cheap, I would definitely pick it up. It makes for an entertaining read.

6. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    I have it as well. Its a TF book after all. I've looked at it a couple times, its a cool read. If you don't get it you won't know what you are missing!

7. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

This.

It's like it was written by a young teenager who finds it funny to say everything is rubbish just to be cool but then undermines his entire argument by making a shit ton of spelling and grammatical errors.

8. johnboy3434

johnboy3434 Well-Known Member

I don't remember him being as vitriolic about everything as you do, Auto Morph. The only instances where he went totally batshit on something were when he reviewed stuff like "Carnage in C-Minor" or "Buster Witwicky and the Car Wash of Doom". You know, stuff that just about every Transfan hates.

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I got one way back and it's quite enjoyable a read. I'd kinda like it revisited and revised and another volume created to cover the stuff that's come out since then.