prime survive? (Episode 23 Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by gregles, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Possibly, but I think it is being made to appear as such.

We've already seen Decepticons at odds with Megatron in episodes and past, and last week’s episodes show us at least two Decepticons questioning Megatron's sanity. He isn't himself.

Ratchet ranting about Optimus not taking out Megatron when he had the chance to do so many times before, tells me that a Prime, Optimus Prime, is much more than a leader of the Autobots.
    This could still be done with good storytelling and flash backs and hints to the past.

True, but Optimus still not need die for this. One must earn the title of Prime. Arcee, the Autobots most characterized member, is maturing before our own eyes, gaining the wisdom Prime often speaks of—Optimus is often shown telling his soldiers what they should do to better themselves. I don’t think he’s giving them simple advice, but words of wisdom that made him great.

I will be stunned if they kill off Optimus Prime. With Hasbro saying that Peter Cullen will always be the voice of Optimus Prime as well as rectifying the call that killed him off in the first movie years ago, tells me that Optimus will always be around in the Transformers universe—who’s more recognizable than Optimus Prime?

2. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    Well if he died then of corse I'll be heart broken but, I will also be more interested in the other's reactions.

3. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I'm afraid I don't quite follow.

While we could see what made OPTIMUS, it won't be as much of an impact to look back and say "my, how much he's grown", unless they do it JUUUUST right, of course. The reason being, we already see/know what Optimus has become, but if someone else became Prime, like say, Bulkhead, we could look back and say "wow...I remember when he was watching monster truck rallies with Miko."

Of course he is, with a flash back we'd see the before and after, with a new Prime, we can see it fresh. Hell, Arcee learning the revenge bit after fucking up on the Starscream situation was an eye opener; but we saw a "revenge is bad" line being told, then a flashback, it wouldn't make the audience think "wow, that's shitty" as much as "oh, that's why they're how they are".

Just because they can kill Optimus, doesn't mean he'd be gone, we could see him in flashbacks, or possibly in trips through the Matrix of Leadership or the Well of All Sparks; doesn't mean Peter Cullen has to stop being Optimus. As for "who's more recognizable than Optimus Prime?", well, I think Hasbro is looking for a bit of a change, which is probably the biggest of reasons for this new continuity. Of course they're looking for unification, but also a chance to truly "refresh" the brand.

4. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In episode 22, Ratchet went on about Optimus not destroying Megatron when he had the chance(s) to do so before.

I guess we’ll continue to be at odds on this. I don’t see a need to introduce a new Prime when Optimus is shown steering his Autobots towards greatness.
    The choice Prime made last weekend and what will happen next will also give us more insight on the matter.

I still fail to see why Prime needs to die for us to see what it is be a Prime or what one must do to become a Prime when we’ve been dropped hints and are seeing Prime giving words of wisdom to his troops episode after episode.

True, but I’m taking what we’ve heard the writers of the show say about death, once a characters offed, he/she’s gone for good.

5. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    Well, lets just hope he lives.

6. Lord Ramulus

Lord Ramulus In a world of Wheelies, be a Kup.

The rest of the autobots roll in and save Prime's skid plate. The go back and regroup...starscream or some other decepticon will see Megatron is shit nuts and team up with the autobots to stop him. The season will end with things left hanging and some kind of transmission signal have gone out into space following Megatron being stopped and we will see a couple of ships (autobot or decepticon) catching it...and next season we will see like 4-6 new characters show up.

7. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    spoiler much?

8. lordjimmybob

lordjimmybob Well-Known Member

I think he was stating his own premise. Not to worry about any actual spoilers.

9. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    Okay, only 5 more days people till the next episode so keep your cool.

10. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    No, I mean concerning the connection you made about being more than just a leader of the Autobots.

What I'm getting at is the impact level, if we go back to see how Optimus came to be how he is now, it would just be connecting the dots. But with a new Prime, we can learn fresh with a new person. While we can learn what it means to be a Prime by learning from the past or learn as we go, I feel it is the latter that will really sink in with the audience.

They mean that in the sense of "no resurrections". If you've ever seen Dexter, the main character "Dexter" envisions his foster father, Harry, throughout the series, giving Dexter advice, and insight into the situations; even though Harry's been dead long before the series started.

11. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got the impression that it was Prime’s job, a Prime’s job, to unify the factions; a leader that doesn’t just lookout for the well-being of his own, but all. Prime wanted, still does, the Autobots and Decpeticons to get passed their differences and heal Cybertron as one.

I get what you’re saying, but I still feel the same could be achieved with Prime alive is all.

We’ll see. Cliffjumper and Tailgate have been shown in voiceless flashbacks. Harry is Dexter’s conscious.

12. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    I think this is quite likely. Not saying it will happen, but it is probable.

13. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    3 more days!

14. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

He should be killed but stay dead, FOREVER. that would be badass.

15. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Like others have said, I'm predicting that the rest of the Autobots will pull off a Big Damn Heroes at the beginning of the next episode.

16. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And when they revive him he wakes up and yells "FUCK YOU" and kills himself again.

17. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    He will, I hope.

18. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I think we've already seen a growing Prime done right.... Optimus in Animated was just that...and it was damned good. He's probably my favorite Optimus ever personality wise.

But I see what you're getting at. I would prefer Optimus be mortally wounded, confined to base, kind of like Hawk in GI Joe. He can be support, instructive to the new "Prime", and possibly return to the battlefield around the end of the series, possibly reinvigorated by some sort of new or rare energon. Then he could fight side by side with the other "Prime."

Personally none of the characters in Prime are fit to be a "Prime" in my opinion. I'd prefer they bring in a character the seems to be headed down that path already... honestly the most fit to lead is Arcee and the idea of her character being a Prime is too far fetched from what we've seen of her.

While I wouldn't hate seeing a new Rodimus or Sentinel , I'd prefer a new Prime altogether, or someone like Prowl or Jazz etc etc that hasn't been "Primed" before.

19. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm kinda tired of Optimus dying and getting revived later. Why can't they just leave him dead?

And knowing Prime (the series), the Autobots are going to save him at the last second.

20. Glass_of_water

Glass_of_water Well-Known Member

god ginrai should fly in at the last minuite and get his ass kicked in place of prime... :wink:  if prime was to die though they should just bring in star saber cause he's awesome and good with kids :D