Prime similiar to BW in story formula.

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by ErbFan28, Nov 16, 2011.

1. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers Prime's 1st season reminds me alot of the way they did Beast wars. They focused on character development heavily in the first season for both series. They both then ended with a bang by hitting key aspects of the plot in the last 3-4 episodes.

It's almost as if the Prime writers are using the same formula the BW writers used. I can definitely see that being the case as Beast Wars had the best plot and I'm sure they want to put the best product out there. I mean, we still talk about BW alot, so theres proof that it works.

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I can totally see that too! This is good for TFP so far!:thumb 

3. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

I think theres a lot of similarities with "tools of the past" or the past being a theme. In BW there was a lot of puzzles and construction pieces that were ancient alien artifacts. In Prime there are a lot of places and tools used from the past also. Both are great shows IMO.

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They could do a lot worse than mirror a Beast Wars arc.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I would prefer they adopt their own formula. Also I don't think the relic-hunting aspect of TF Prime works anywhere near as well as BW. In BW it was clearly building up to something big, an unknown alien presence with a purpose yet to be discovered, revealing itself at the end of season one and bringing a revelation that changed the foundation of the character's motivations. In Prime it's just random shit just happeing to land on Earth and oh, Unicron's here, too. It's not even hinted at that they might be connected, just all one big cosmic coincidence. BW gave every character equal developement and exposure, wheras in Prime both Optimus and BB especially got notably shafted, as well as Soundwave who got one or two very minor character bits throughout all of season one. Even Scorponok had more developement than Soundwave, and he was a jabbering fool. The Prime characters also seem more... lifeless. It's like their focusing too hard on hitting certain notes with the characters instead of letting them reach those points naturally. However BW season one was almost twice the size of Prime's, but still. BW became epic by itself, Prime feels like it's trying too hard to mimic that, with Unicron showing up inexplicably and having "hardcore" violence and drama.

6. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

What he said. So far, about the only unique plot twist was Optimus's fate at the end of the season; nearly everything else could be traced back to a previous show, which, while appreciated at times, tends to get annoying if you think about it too hard.

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's just "season 1 CGI show style plot" for the sake of budget really. The way things happened in BW and Prime and even REBOOT (probably more 3d action shows if one goes check)was kinda of the same way so my personal guess would be that it's just how they do their beginnings while keeping the CGI limitations in min.

8. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Beast Wars' season 1 was 26 episodes long, which is the same size as Prime's season 1.

9. changepas39

changepas39 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm glad!

10. Crumplezone

Crumplezone Banned

It's not really following the same format as Beast Wars as it's following a format of a good show.

11. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I could not agree more.

12. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Beast Wars was a great show, though

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    It shouldn't try to be Beast Wars. It should be it's own entity.

Also the charecters aren't as well developed like Beast Wars, since we have many premature deaths (Cliffjumper, Skyquake), Mute charecters (Bumblebee or Soundwave), or sometimes charecters that can't go out in the field every episode (Like Optimus Prime or Ratchet) or some were in coma (Megatron.

Leaving only a few to have all the Development. Not that i complain about Arcee as she's awesome but everyone else really isn't as well developed as her.

14. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    There actually was some build up towards the Unicron Story maybe not as noticable as Beast Wars but TFP did a better job at building what kind of storyline Season 1 did than arguably TFA. And really the show's at least not shying away from the serious topics either.

15. ahunmaster

ahunmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I do see similarities, I really don't like to try to point out this sort of stuff in TV shows because all shows have similar components in different ways. The formula may be similar, but could anyone imagine Season 1 going any different with the story?