Prime Series Finale Deadlock Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Sol Fury, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I honestly think he was agreeing with you, SaberPrime. And for the record I do too. There was no indication that the Cybermatter would resurrect any dead Preds on Cybertron, only a faint inkling when the stuff fixed Bee. And even then they only had enough to fix the core. Not like Shockwave and Ratchet got a chance to test the stuff out beforehand.

2. LilSproutling

LilSproutling Member

Looks like a mis-expression, since Screamerownz’s following comment supports your stance. If their was only enough cyber matter to awaken Primus, there wouldn’t be any left over for the Predacons. You brought up a good point - Shockwave was unable to find any carcasses, so it is possible Predaking’s kin escaped and are on Earth.

I am interested in how they will be introduced in the movie. It took Predaking time to realize his potential and I wonder where the Predacons would be hiding, if at all (they don’t seem shy, since they played prominent roles in human legends and folklore). Thankfully, Deadlock was left open ended allowing for a smooth continuation.

3. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Moderator

News Credits:
    "nail meet head" is another way of saying "hit the nail on the head," which is a way of saying "you're right." :) 

4. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

QFT. I hate the "Darker and Edgier" crew. This is what ruined everything ten years ago, it's time to move on. Everytime I see someone complaining about how no Autobots died, I think of Pat Lee - all the oohs and aahs with no real substance. Prime was solid!

5. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    Maybe predaking finds shockwave's lab (due to his precise homing instincts) then let's the predacons out

6. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

If Shockwave had other Predacons in his lab on Cybertron he wouldn't need to be cloning more of them on Earth. He could of just gone to Cybertron to get them.

7. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Unless he had a reason for wanting the second lab. It could be possible Shocks was trying to get Megatron to collect the other predacon remains, something he wouldn't have done if Shockwave had reminded him of any other Preds back on Cybertron.

8. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Moderator

News Credits:
    I still think it's not a coincidence that they showed a closeup of Darksteel breaking his glass container before the cave went kaboom.

Though I can't imagine how he'd get to Cybertron from Earth.

Now if those 2 Preds did get out, and Predaking finds Shockwave's lab, then he should be able to track them since Shockwave said he chipped them all. All Predaking would need is a spacebridge.

9. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

He brought Predaking from Cybertron. If there were other Predacons available in his Cybertron lab Megatron would of already known about it already and neither one of them would have any reason to collect samples from Earth. I believe it was also mentioned that all of Shockwave's equipment from his lab on Cybertron was moved to his new lab on Earth so even if he had any Predacons on Cybertron they wouldn't be there anymore anyway.

10. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

Was going to post this as another topic but I guess it would also fit here. As we know, Prime is part of an 'Alligned Continuity' but the last Episode leaves me with several questions.

The Onega Lock was used to restore Cybertron by re-igniting the planet's core or rather Primus' Spark. By that logic had Megatron used it on Earth would that not result in the ressurection of Unicron, possibly with the return to his full power.

My other question links to Megatron's death. His spark chamber was clearly impaled by Bumblebee but would his corpse of burnt up in Earths atmosphere or could it have crashed somewhere onto the planet? Furthermore if the latter would any of it be salvagable? This Megatron has survived being crushed by Metroplex, being caught in two fusion core implosions (one occured in Exodus or is at least hinted at that he survived one) and having his spark apparently exstinguised once before. How he survived that is anybody's guess but I blame dark energon and plot holes. I'd therefore hypothesise that if his corpse did survive that it would be possible to recover and revive Megatron (yet again. This is getting seriously old.)

11. Unicrons Herald

Unicrons Herald Chaos Bringer

You are not the only one thinking that using the Omega Lock on Earth would reawaken Unicron. So Megatron had no idea of what he was doing.

Well, he crashed into the ocean, and about him being recovered and revived; Well, have you seen the newest trailer to "Predacons Rising"?

12. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

Not at this time. Haven't been keeping track of any TF News recently so didn't know of a new trailer. I'll give it a look.

13. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    there isn't one.. just the one that's out now

14. Unicrons Herald

I was thinking of this one then I said newest:

as that one answers the question about Megatron.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  15. wheelnut

wheelnut Well-Known Member

I think you are reading to much into this. I was told that all questions will be answered in Predacons Rising

16. optimusprime42

News Credits:
  17. Unicrons Herald

18. optimusprime42

News Credits:
    that i haven't seen

19. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

20. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

I think he is acting as Unicron's emmisary so I'm hoping they play it off like IDW did with Nova Prime's seeming return from the dead in which Nova came out of a portal from the dead universe to fight Galvatron and reclaim the heart of darkness. As the battle progresses Nova shifts into a monstrous form in which he looses control to his master, the D-Void.
    I'm hoping that we get to see Megatron acting as himself but at some point see Unicron take over and sneak in a Prime vs. Unicron fight at around the mid point of Predacons rising.

Going by the time scale of the original transformers movie (85 mins run time approx) which is what I can see Predacons rising doing we'd only have 80-90 minuites of film duration so it would be intereasting to see what the writer will have fitted into that time scale