Prime Season 3/Beast Hunters Preview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Arashistorm, Oct 11, 2012.

1. ShakesDaKlown

ShakesDaKlown Tromaholic

I think Shockwave is showing false loyalty and that the Predacons are going to be a thorn in the sides of both the Autobots AND Decepticons. You don't make a new faction and have them work for another faction. What is this, Robots in Disguise? I thought we'd risen above that by now.

2. onionna

onionna Well-Known Member

Well, as long as DW went Autobot (even if he died in the process) and KO isn't dead I'm happy. They are starting to be my two favorite besides Ratchet.

3. GingaMagnus

GingaMagnus Designated Toku Nerd

Hmm... If Megatron has his fusion cannon and Shockwave is back, Does that mean this is a flashback or Shockwave found the Nemesis, Got a new optic and went back home or something? Maybe Megatron loses the prime arm...

4. turtleman747

turtleman747 Banned

lol first hit of Dinobots to come, maybe? Following with the FOC game which isn't a prequel to TF Prime but things form the game universe seem to show up in TF Prime.

5. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is so awesome can't wait to see it, hopefully we'll have some Prime Dinobot action as well!

6. jettyfire

jettyfire Jigoku Shoujo

Now would be a good time to call in the Dinobots. And more autobots.

7. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you're talking about that promo where it was just showing parts of Predaking with words flashing across the black screen, then you can't count that. Every clip that wasn't the dragon was a scene from season 1 in that promo, so by that logic,not only optimus, but every autobot is around.

Predacons were the prehistoric life on Cybertron in the PRIME series...what's to say Shockwave, in present time, didn't just find remains of those beasts and made something that could scan it? Time travel isn't necessary imo...and would contradict a lot of things in the series--with time travel being possible, so much more things could be done and make everyone question why they haven't.

8. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have to wonder, what if they end up using a variant the plot point that was abandoned back in Beast Machines. The original concept was to have Maximals and Predacons vs. the Vehicons. What if the Predacons are set loose by the Decepticons, but then can't be controlled. We could end up with a team of Autobots AND Decepticons against the Predacons. Would be neat to see a mixed faction team, preferable one without Megatron OR Optimus. Maybe have Bulkhead and Airachnid lead each half of the united effort?

PS -What if the whole scene we saw was an act, and Shockwave is the one on the leash, and Predaking is Shockwave's master!

9. lordjimmybob

lordjimmybob Well-Known Member

Didn't go through the entire thread so this may be repetition.

Last we saw Shockwave was when he got caught in an imploding space bridge half way through. Now we see him with prehistoric transformers?

I think he got blasted to the past and from there built a device to contact the present so he could bring over the Beast Hunters to Megatron.

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    The roar at the end sounds a hell of a lot like Cybertron Scourge's toy sound effect.

11. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Holy shit, I can't wait!!!

12. magda

magda New Member

"Shockwave this! Shockwave that!"

13. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

I had to smile at the gasps as Shockwave stepped through the space bridge. It would seem his character in the aligned continuity doesn't adhere to the adage, 'never rwork with animals or children' the way G1 Shockwave should have . :D  Here however it's common knowledge but worth mentioning that he gave the Dinobots their non vehicular altmodes, to show my train of thought.

Though I haven't taken a closer look, someone noted on the NYCC toy preview thread that Predaking's faction symbol looks less BW inspired than that of one or two other Predacons/beasts. There are plenty of cool ideas on the therad already about how Shockwave and the beasts may be linked, I have an idea that neatly fits over some of those: maybe Shocky invented/repurposed Predaking to be a kind of liason/interfacebetween the beasts and Megatron so the latter and perhaps his officers could command the Predacon's loyalty, similar to what Airachnid tried to do with the Insecticons.

14. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Why do I get the feeling the whole purpose behind Beast hunters is to bring the Dinobots into prime

15. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Yeah, glad someone else noticed that too.

16. EnerJohn

EnerJohn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The look on Megatrons face!! Oh fuuuccckkkk.....

17. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if season 3 is gonna take place on Cybertron. I love the throne by the way

18. onionna

onionna Well-Known Member

I am kind of wondering the same. They haven't had the humans in the last couple of episodes and they were talking about returning to Cybertron. And the Autobots don't have a space bridge so it's not like they are able to go back and forth.

19. G1Jazz

G1Jazz Saboteur

Two words. Holy. Bleep!

20. Optimus1116

Optimus1116 Autobot

News Credits:
    I guess Dreadwing is going to bite the bullet soon :(