PRIME screams Movieverse to me...

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by bellpeppers, Nov 28, 2010.

1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Just got done with some rather excellent youtube PRIME uploads by FTransformers.

Kind of a dark show. It's worth a few more watchings... but so far I'm taking this show more seriously than any recent TF show.

But I have to say: this show screams more to be a different Movieverse continuity... the same way that All HAil Megatron is a different G1 continuity.
    There were way more similarities- beyond simple robot design aesthetic- to the movieverse. But them again, look at who the show's producers are. It must have been real simple to take the movies and cartoon-ize them.

Not that it's a bad thing... the show seems like a win to me so far. But this is definately a simplified animated Movieverse to me.

The music, tho, strongly reminds me of JJ Abrams Trek music theme. Again, not a bad thing.

2. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Who cares if it's a simplified Movieverse? Good action, good plot, and good voice actors.

3. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    It's a good show so far. Just sayin'...

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's not surprising is it? When you're a toy company and your toy based movie that printed money for you looks one way but your TV series doesn't that can cause little Timmy to be confused about which version of BumbleBee to buy.

By copying the movies they seem to be trying to create one single continuity for everything to be a part of.

That sucks if you, like me, really dislike the movie-verse. But I can at least understand it.

I'm just so glad War for Cybertron doesn't follow this and has proven itself.

5. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    it draws from animated in style and story similar to movie....

but techically, it is in the WFC/Exodus timeline according to hasbro, but yeah, it is very similar to the movie

6. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really like Prime so far, but it makes a bit sad to now realize how much potential TF2007 actually had that was totally squandered by the complete debacle that movie ended up being.

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think somebody got it ultra right when they said "this is what Bayformers should've been".

Or maybe not because it would be a shame if we got a story this good limited to juuust hollywood!

8. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

who cares what verse it is? it's a SHOW and i like to watch it. :lol 

9. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Well comparing it to the movieverse can make it sound like you mean the opposite! :lol 

10. Chevluh

Chevluh Well-Known Member

Well, it's supposedly in the same group as WfC/Exodus but not necessarily the same timeline, since Exodus and WfC have different timelines and Optimus' retelling of the war in TF Prime's , concise as it is, already manages not to match Exodus.

11. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

I think aside from the story the whole point was to move towards the movie aesthetic. It's whats been prevailing at the box office and Hasbro wanted to maximize on the benefit of including "movie" ish designs in their cartoon series.

12. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Well the movie influence is clear but Prime also has it's own personal style. It's sleeker than Animated was even. A nice balance of new but movie-ish enough to not make Wal-Mart hate the toys like they did with Animated.

13. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    I like movieverse. Yeah, I'l point out its flaws but I enjoy the movieverse. I even pai extra for the deluxe DVD's for the extras to prove it :D 

14. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    WFC=PRIME.

I think that's another misconception that can be added to that other thread.

15. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I think a few of us have been saying for awhile now that TFP is basically to the movie-verse as the 90s Batman was to the Tim Burton films.

16. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    It definitely builds on the movies and what people know of it, which as has been pointed out is understandable because that's what the 'masses' currently know and was quite the moneymaker for Hasbro :) ..hence the backstory of 'we've battled on your planet before, it's been 3 years and now they're back'.

Still, it's definitely, undeniably it's own universe, with more than enough differences as well.

And this isn't a sequel to WFC..if only for the fact that Dark Energon in this is something new Megatron just discovered in space, and Starscream has no idea what it is..in WFC Starscream is part of the scientists guarding it millions of years ago. :) 

The show is definitely not bad so far!

17. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    I though that I would bump this.

Now that I have watched the last of the mini-series, I am more set that PRIME has more to do with the Movieverse than not.

Now, this isn't a continuiation of the Bayverse; rather, I think that Hasbro found a way to continue the success of the Movie-verse without actually continuing the Bayverse.

Maybe even the same continuity family- like the different G1's out there.

I think they used some of the Movieverse makers to re-create the Bayverse into an ongoing kid friendly show. Way to keep the momentum going, HASBRO.

Not that it's a bad thing. PRIME is good, and finally a show that I think is dignified enough for this adult to watch anf not be embarrassed.

18. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    I don't really think this is another version of the movie verse, as much as there's similarities like character designs and stuff like Optimus' speech the tone of the series overall is different, the focus is different, many concepts are also taken from different series etc.

I think like Animated it's a "Top pic mix" of all Transformers concepts they though to be good, it was just natural that it would have more movie in it than Animated considering it actauly was made AFTER the movie while Animated was being done at the same time.

19. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Which is exactly what WFC and Exodus were.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    No,

It's a better version of the Movie-Verse that doesn't look like the slapped on names of charecters to fit Micheal Bays twist creations.