Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Class Arcee Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Optibotimus, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  2. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Reminds me of a big cyberverse arcee. But with first edition like leg transformation.

3. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, I really like the way this figure looks more than the FE. I don't have any FEs (although I did order a Bumblebee because he was retail price) but I haven't been too disappointed with the RID figures yet. Maybe that will change when I get Bumblebee.

4. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Excellent review! I hadn't really noticed how different the blues were between the two but now I can't unsee it. That's gonna make her look kinda bad if I decide to pose her with the FE's arm blades, ah well.

5. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah I'm very pleased with how this figure turned out. Not only will I not have to pay twice retail for FE Arcee but I'll get a more in scale figure too. She looks great and the paint job looks fine to me.

I'm still tempted to get Cyberverse Arcee as my Arcee but I think this one will win for obvious reasons.

Thanks for the video Optibotimus.

6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Great review!:thumb  I agree about the backpack and colors but then again it could be worse. I'm planing to get 2 of this figure. One for nornal uese and one for customizing to be more CGI model accurate by finding a way to get rid of her backpack and such if I'm brave enough.

Perhaps her Takara version may make her color scheme more screen accurate so let's hope it does!:thumb 

7. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm liking this figure a lot. For some reason the giant ass backpack barely bothers me. And I like the blue and silver more, despite it not being as show accurate.

8. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If only they used the prowl scheme. Oh well, skipping this one and looking forward to Ratchet instead.

9. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    If you forget about accuracy, it's a pretty cool toy. I don't mind the backpack one bit, this looks like a 100% fun toy. Head reveal is nice.

10. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I agree....after a while, i really stopped noticing the backpack and just enjoyed the figure

11. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice review. That said, the RiD gets a lot right and a lot wrong at the same time. I'm still leaning toward the FE version, even if it is too big (though posed in a battle stance with her fellow Bots I think the height issue is diminished a bit). The giant gun is just silly but they probably did it for child safety reasons. And only one blade is disappointing (it's almost as if they want us to buy two figures just to get two blades.... XD).

And randomly, anyone with both molds care to do a headswap just for sh*ts and giggles to see how that looks?

12. GAUGE

GAUGE Tin Foil Hats = Alternative Facts

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    I'm gonna swap parts between the 2 versions so i can have my "Perfect Edition" Arcee :p 

13. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I hope that's truley possible! I kind of wanted to do that too!:D 

14. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    What would you want to swap to make the figure perfect?

15. GAUGE

GAUGE Tin Foil Hats = Alternative Facts

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Well the figures look to be very similar in transformation and design (for the most part)

I'm thinking maybe swapping the arms, wings, upper torso with lower torso hinge and head with the FE Arcee's but also keeping the transformable breast plates and lower torso (because of the waist swivel) from the FE Arcee and integrating them onto the new arcee somehow. Also I much more prefer the lower legs of the FE arcee to the new one.

Sorry, if it doesn't seem like I'm making sense. lol

I am just wanting to not only try to make her as super poseable as possible, but I'd like to make her as accurate to the show as humanly possible.

And I would love to give her FE Starscream's Hands (for the pointy fingers)

16. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hmm. Great review, and I totally agree with you on the blue.

I don't know if the blue or the back kibble would be a deal killer for me on their own, but since they're both problems with this figure I think I'm going to have to pass. I may - MAY buy a Takara version if the blue is better. I don't know yet.

17. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Thank you so much for that review! :D  Man, how much Hasbro has simplified the transformation. ^^ I like that.
    And the robot mode is indeed more accurate. ;) 

18. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Yeah... If I get an Arcee I'm gonna' have to track down a first edition. Even if the accuracy went up a bit, the finish and detail went down more than a bit.

Plus I thought the FE had the coolest transformation for her knockers.

19. sixpointsinspace

sixpointsinspace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not possible. The heads aren't compatible and because of the shoulder wings on the arms of the FE neither are those. Also the size diff is pretty glaring.

IMHO RID Arcee is the better figure. I transformed her back and forth like a ton of times last night because it was just fun and natural, unlike the FE. My only gripes about the figure are the lack of pink on the deco and the wings should be about half as long. They totally could have been too if they would have molded the outer arms to match the bike a little better. I wish they werent on a pin joint so shapeways or a 3rd party could easily provide replacements.

The Wheel back on this figure doesnt bother me at all. Looks much better and unobtrusive and is removable if you so desire.

I love PRID Arcee, she is the #2 or #3 on my fav RID figures so far. Wheeljack, Her, and then Soundwave I think.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  20. Cogar

Cogar Follower of the Code

First of all--thank you for another great review.

---

The first thing I noticed is that this figure has the open reinforcements on the back some of the molded pieces. I do not know the technical term for this type of molding, but you can see this effect on the side of her foot when transformed. If you have Wheeljack, you see it on the back of his legs when he is in robot mode. Actually, I think this appears on most of the Prime RID Figures. It doesn't look robotic, it makes it look hollow and unfinished (like a knockoff) and is my biggest complaint against all the Prime RID figures.

Like you, I am not fond of the coloring scheme. The vehicle mode so bland that from some angles it doesn't even look painted--just all cast blue plastic. Compared to the FE, Hasbro really skimped on paint. Since the figure is packaged in vehicle mode, you would think having decent paint apps would have had a higher priority.

Finally, they should have saved money by making the gun about a third of its size or better yet replaced it with a second blade.

In spite of my reservations I do plan on getting one. I am guessing Optimus may be able to use the giant gun. At least it will be better than the one that came with my Glowy McCleararms, which I leave in the box.