Prime RID Deluxe Ratchet Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Optibotimus, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    For people wondering and talking so much about scale. I got this off the Transformers Prime "Darkness Rises" DVD. It's the actual scale for these characters, so as you can see. The deluxe figure isn't too bad out of scale. A small voyager would hopefully fix that...but the deluxe isn't horrible really.

[​IMG]

2. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Peaugh Reviews: TF Prime Revealers RATCHET

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Great review as usual!:thumb  Ratchet's is on my what RID figure to get list!:D 
    Nice too that he scales well with the other figures despite not being perfect.

4. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    This made him look significantly more accurate and therefore more appealing to me than other pictures and videos I have seen. From what you showed, I would absolutely agree that he needs to have a second Voyager release. I would hope that would happen as Ratchet is emerging as the most popular character from Prime, so hopefully we will get it someday. In the meantime, the deluxe does look better than expected.

5. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    He really is a solid little figure. And I'd definitely be in for a voyager, or a leader, or a supreme, or a cyberverse commander, or....

[​IMG]
    BUY ALL THE COOMBS!

6. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Here's how I store the swords in robot mode. One tucked down, one pointing up to represent his antenna:

[​IMG]

From the front:

[​IMG]

7. Cogar

Cogar Follower of the Code

Nice reveiw.

I am a little on the fence with regard to the size, but at least he seems to be ever so slightly taller in robot mode than RID Arcee. Maybe he needs platform shoes. :)  The roof fitting together imperfectly in alt mode is a minus, but overall this looks like a good figure.

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    He needs a voyager. Badly. Hasbro missed the mark on so many things here. It isn't everyday that a toy needs a bigger backpack and more shoulder kibble. And they should have painted the back of the vehicle; I can deal with the robot mode's forearms looking inaccurate better than I can deal with his vehicle looking almost like a chunk of tofu.

Man, I used to be SOOOO not picky with toys like this. What happened to me?

9. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    looks good, will be getting him for sure, though will secretly be praying that they DO release a voyager, one with a proper chest lol

10. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    You just got TFW2005'ed.

11. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Ratchet is third on my list of favorites in Prime (after my usual Starscream #1 and Optimus #2) so I'm absolutely buying this figure as soon as I find it.

I'm stealing your sword storage method, Peaugh. That's great :) 

12. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

Great review. I agree that the alt mode looks like the G1 Ratchet and Movie Ratchet put in a blender, with a dash of Classics Ratchet. Still haven't found him in my area yet unfortunately, but your strong recommendation carries some weight. Watched your other reviews and comments on FE Prime and Bulkhead and decided to pay the steep money for them. You didnt steer us wrong. Even found that I loved the shiny green on my Takara Bulk. Now if only someone had dissuaded me from RID Bumblebee, but at at least I can put him next to my FE 'Bee and point and laugh.

13. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hey thanks! And yea, I definitely try to be honest with my reviews, but it stinks sometimes when it's characters that I feel like people really WANT to like but I don't think are "all that", ya' know?

I'm glad that I could help influence those FE Voyagers man. I actually just purchased Hasbro FE Bulkhead so I have both it and Tak., because I really like those molds THAT much!

and hahaha at RID Bee getting the point and laugh. Even with the 14 on the peg hooks at my TRU, I still have yet to bite on him... is he THAT bad?

14. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

The first time I saw him in robot mode I thought that there must be a missing page two of my instructions. He just looked unfinished. I tried to think of a proper fate for him... Garbage, crush with hammer or go really medieval and give him to my four year old son for dismemberment. Curbed my animalistic impulses and immediately ordered FE off of eBay that came shipped today MISB for only $5 more than this fecal fest. Love FE, even with the fiddly chest issues.
    So IMHO, yes he is that bad. That said, I've seen some people on here, even some who have the FE version, who like the RID better. So different strokes I guess. He is easy to transform, which after three lines of sometimes over complicated movie figures, may be a plus for some. The only positives I can see looking at him right now are that he has pretty blue headlights and comes with two guns instead of just one. Aside from the terrible slumping shoulders, weirdly angled head, and saggy car part boobs, there is just something about his face I don't like and that is the worst part of all. Like you can barely make out any facial features without a magnifying glass. I can't tell if it's sculpting or painting to blame but his head just sucks.

15. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I'm pretty happy with it. ;) 

16. J2DK

J2DK Fan

Great review, Peaugh!

17. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Thanks!

18. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Yeah, the fake chest windows are disappointing considering what has been done on more intricate deluxe figures before. I like the legs though.

19. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    The fake windows don't bother me so much since he's a good solid deluxe, but yeah, I wouldn't say no to a voyager at all.

20. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's actually pretty sad. I'm not huge on bumblebee, but for whatever reason I actually like him quite a bit in Prime.

I'll definitely be buying h AM for the minicon, but damn I wish there was at least SOMETHINg to the mold, ya' know?