Prime/Rescue Bots

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Robimus Major, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Robimus Major

Robimus Major Well-Known Member

I was reading on TFWiki that Rescue Bots were part of the same Universal stream as Prime (and WFC, FOC and the books).

Any info or confirmation of this?

Would it be a good idea to cross-over and have cameos in the other series?

Have Boulder and Bulkhead to be old friends? Heatwave, Ratchet and Chase do a mission together as an emergency vehicles?

Any thoughts?

2. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is no concrete confirmation, but there is nothing in either show to suggest they aren't in continuity either. Also, both series share a destroyed Cybertron and Peter Cullen as Optimus.

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I figure Rescue Bots operates by mostly staying out the way of Prime's continuity, which it does by sticking those guys on an out-of-the-way island town. Of course if Bumblebee drops by and he speaks ... well... :) 

Hey, maybe that big lava disaster from that one episode was originally kicked off by Unicron waking up! (if you wanna grasp at straws for fun)

4. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think its too early too tell if they have any connection other than Optimus and a destroyed or darkened Cybertron.

5. chonosmoon

chonosmoon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I agree

6. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Yes, Hasbro said that any new tf stories that have nothing to do with past continutys, will be part of 1 single continuty

thus meaning that Any new game/show/comic/Novek/whatever that have nothing to do with past generations are part of the same continuty

7. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    That's possibly the dumbest decision, continuity-wise, I have ever seen. And I'm a Hawkman fan. >:I Seriously Hasbro, at least pretend like you're trying.

8. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    Wow, I thought I was the only one that thought that was stupid.

Not everything has to be handled like Star Wars! It's okay to have multiple continuities!

9. arcee101

arcee101 wrecker

So does Movieverse.

10. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    No. No. No. They're part of the same continuity family, like G1 and G1 Comics. They're not in canon with one another, they just happen to be the least bit related to each other.

11. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    Personally, I think they could easily be in the same universe. The Rescue Bots aren't located anywhere near Team Prime, and Optimus didn't want them to get involved in the fight, so that's why you wouldn't really see them interacting with the other Autobots. Plus Optimus only making cameos would be cause he's busy with the 'Cons. Also the part where he said "I have found that the young of this species are the most valuable allies." Makes me think it's cause he's been with Jack, Miko and Raf. I also thinking that the hook up with Chief Burns was possible because of Fowler. That's just my thoughts on the matter.

12. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    Nope, not here. I refuse to believe in the existance of Continuity Family in the Aligned Continuity. G1, sure. Not Aligned.

They are actually trying to make these story connections work. It may be the case for Rescue Bots as well.

13. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I would love either show acknowledging the other's shared continuity. I would jump for joy at the prospect of Prime Boulder or Blades!

14. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    Me too (tho I'd love to see a Prime Heatwave personally). Randomly thinking too, if they went a bit more according to sizes (Prime is better at this, tho not by much lol), Heatwave would probably be taller than Optimus (I think Heatwave has more width to him tho too). Blades and Boulder would both be pretty big too...Chase would be about BB sized.

The leaders are always big bots lol. Man, I kinda went off some random tangent there...

15. Skywarp2413

Skywarp2413 Well-Known Member

Now that you mention it, where is the confirmation (other than people at Hasbro who don't know what they're talking about) that WFC and FOC are canon to the Prime-verse? The wikis lumped them all in to one category to save time I guess, but where's the proof? There's actually a lot disproving it.
    Such as:
    1. Very different art style (Prime: more movie-verse looking; WFC: more G1 looking)
    2. Characters' body styles change dramatically (WFC: Steroidimus Prime, BubbleBee, Tank Megatron, truck Soundwave; Prime: annorexic Starscream, blue and small Arcee, giant Breakdown, etc.)
    3. Dark Energon's introduction (WFC: Megatron corrupted himself with Starscream's dark energon and survived, Starscream was impressed and joined the Decepticons;Prime: Megatron (who has never used DarkEn) finds it in the depths of space, uses it on Cliff, uses it on himself, etc.)
    4. Optimus's name (WFC: he was Optimus before even talking to the Council; Prime: he is Orion until he is given the Matrix)
    5. How Optimus came to be (WFC: Sentinel dies and the Council names him the new Prime; Prime: Orion journeys to the core and is bestowed the Matrix, becoming Optimus Prime)
    I could go on, but I feel that's enough. Seriously, who decided that these two universes are the same? They don't even follow each other's body styles, let alone lore.

16. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Again, it was hasbro who said that the WFC and FOC games were part of the Aligned/Prime continuty

17. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    It was already stated that slight contradictions were allowed if it served for better storytelling. They're still trying their damndest to not create or allow anymore contradictions to come into question.

18. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    'Better storytelling' my ass: the whole thing's a bigger mess now than it ever was.