Heavy/Scratch: Prime papercraft

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by OylPslyk, Jan 25, 2008.

1. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

Hello all, noob here!

I am a paper-model designer, and one of my projects I'm working on is a 3' model of original Prime for my son.

I'm one of those kind of people who are uber-anal about the tiny details of things (that dont really usually matter) and I have been having trouble finding info on what some of the dimensions are on the different parts of what the '80s ver Freightliner truck he transformed into are?

can anyone here help me out? basically im just trying to figure out things like what scale my model is going to be, and like how tall he would actually stand.

the model itself is like I said going to be around 3' tall, and I will be offering it as a free download when finished. you just have to print-cut-and paste!
    It is going to come in 3 versions as well,
    1. a posable robot
    2. a transformable robot
    and 3. a posed "Death of Prime" version complete with the "gut" you saw in the original film

Being as large as it is though, It isnt just a straight toon-version. I'm adding many of the details from the 20th anniversay toy version. as well as many of my own.

if anyone can help me out please let me know!

thanks

2. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

well like you said if you have the 20th Anniversary edition toy, you're set. Just upscale it.

Just try to hit all the high points and don't be concerned with the fine details.

3. chris24jc

chris24jc OptiChris Prime

Well, I'd think your best bet would be to use Masterpiece Prime as your reference model for size ratio.
    Best of luck on designing it though, I can't wait to see and build it! I can help with test builds if you like. :) 

4. chris24jc

chris24jc OptiChris Prime

Finished product?

So, did you ever finish creating it? We wanna see the results! :D