Prime Optimus'??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheGamesEnd, Apr 7, 2012.

1. TheGamesEnd

TheGamesEnd Well-Known Member

Hey just curious, are the first edition primes and the regular ones the same size?? i have the first edition and bought megatron today but he looks a bit smaller? could just be the packaging but ya just curious

2. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

As far as I know PRID prime is smaller and more in scale with Voyager Megatron.

I just got Megatron myself recently and it's making me consider buying PRID Prime just to have them together being more size accurate.. lol.. :redface2: 

3. neogeokid

neogeokid Doctor of Doom

Is PRID Optimus the same as the SDCC one?

4. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Nope

5. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There have been 3 Prime Optimus.
    The deluxe was only sold as a two pack with Megatron, or as the SDCC. This figure is deluxe sized, a little smaller than FE Arcee.
    The FE voyager Optimus is the tallest and in my personal opinion the best version.
    The PRID Optimus is shorter than the FE and the same height as PRID Megatron.

6. TheGamesEnd

TheGamesEnd Well-Known Member

ok cool maybe i will go buy the prid version ! thanks guys!

7. neogeokid

neogeokid Doctor of Doom

Thank you for clarifying. I've also noticed that SDCC Optimus is pretty much to scale with the Revealers figures.

8. Mewtwo

Hmm.. I am so tempted to get PRID Prime... I have FE... but PRID seems like he would go better with Megs... :confused: 

9. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Not really, no. If you mean he's about the same size as a revealer, then yes. But to be in scale, he should be much taller than the other characters such as Bumblebee and Cliffjumper, not the same height.

The Voyager TFP Optimus Primes are roughly in scale with the Revealers (Deluxes)

Better, yeah kind of, but to be honest, the PRiD Voyager Optimus is still too tall next to Megatron (actually, he's probably about right and it's PRiD Megatron who should be taller). So... eh.

If you want to Get the PRiD Optimus, you might as well, because he's cheap enough and plentiful enough to get easily without any effort or searching. But you already have the better representation of the character.

10. Mewtwo

Yeah I know FE is better. Way better...

I have Deluxe Megatron... and I got PRID. I know that isn't the same thing or a good example but I don't know. I really like Voyager Megatron. I thought I wouldn't like it as much as the Deluxe cause of the Paint Job (or lack thereof) but I really ended up liking him. :) 

11. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What I do for PRID Megatron is have him stand on his toes. I can make him a little taller than FE Optimus this way.

12. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have to say, FE Prime and regular Voyager Megatron seem reasonably similar in height to me. Not perfect, but considering how many much worse size discrepancies don't seem to bother many people, this really doesn't seem like a big deal. I'd be much more bothered by everything that was wrong with Voyager Prime than FE being a hair taller than Megatron.

Just me though.