Customs: PRIME Optimus will make an awesome G1 O.P.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by bellpeppers, Nov 13, 2011.

1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    A year ago for my Birthday, Bellyboy gave me an Optimus head from an Alternator.

Well, no matter what potential project came along, it just didn't seem right for this head.

It looks like the new Voyager PRIMEOptimus might just be that piece. I'm looking at this figure, and I see all sorts of potential of making this into a bad-assed G1 Optimus. Maybe his proportions won't match the old toos or comics, but it could be awesome indeed.

2. Biofan813

Biofan813 Biofan813

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I for one argee. i would love to see where this leads. Ive been looking for a g1 ish classics prime for years. this my just be it. :}

3. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

Sounds like a plan =D

4. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

Interesting idea, I'm looking forward to see how it turns out.:thumbs2: 

5. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

While i agree that the Voy Prime figure is the bee's knees, i'm a little confused on why you guys think it could be a great G1 prime figure. To me, a G1 figure needs to be a flat nose truck. that's why i still think the classics prime we got was perfect for classics (and that being described as a modern take on a G1 design, whether that be the figure, vehicle, or both).
    so what is it specifically that you think makes it a great figure to convert? The design still looks very movie style to me. And I am in no way saying any of this is bad, i'm just no seeing what you guys are seeing, and i'd love to know were you're coming from.
    is it simply you think the figure is bad-ass enough that you want to fit it into that collection? As a Optimus fan, you can't go wrong with more primes.

Randy!

6. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Well Randy, I think that the PRIME Optimus would be a good base figure for making a more bulked-up (more of a pro-wrestler / quarterback) look for G1 Optimus.

Being Optimus - to me - isn't about being a flat nosed truck; that was just his disguise for that time. There is nothing that says TF's have to maintain their alt modes. After all, do we have to wear the same clothes every day for people to recognize us? Or do they look at our face?

Besides- it's just artistic freedom.

HTH.

7. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

But then the question is why should he be a G1 Optimus at all?

I'm not knocking your idea. It's just that the "superheroic" look seems more Animated. And the truck mode seems more G2 or movie. Nothing wrong with either design.

8. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

I agree, and besides Prime wasn't always a flat-nosed truck, i.e. G2 Laser Optimus Prime; sure it's not technically "G1" but it's still the same character.

With that said, I'm looking forward to how you're going to go about with this project.

9. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    No reason- except for that's what I want it to be.

10. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

And that's all i was looking for. :thumb 

There have been so many new creative ways Radicons look at things, I was just trying to figure out if I missed something. I agree, not all primes have been a flatnose, and transformers (by definition) change, and there is nothing wrong with that. I like the change, keeps things fresh.

He totally will have more of a beefed up look if you go this route. It almost reminds me of the way the G2 comics portrayed Prime. It was more of a style of the time were the "muscles" were a bunch of cables. I've never seen this done before, which means it's time for that to happen. :) 

R!