Prime Newbie. Never watched the show. HELP!

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Driftveil, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Driftveil

Driftveil You find me offensive

Okay, so I have really been wanting to get into Prime lately, but I don't have The Hub sadly, so I was thinking about buying the season 1 DVD set on Amazon.

Of course I'm expecting consistent positive feedback from the board, but tell me, is it worth the 20 dollars for the season, or should I wait on it?

I would really like to get it, but I need that extra push. What makes Prime so great?

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    It's a pretty solid show though not without it's flaws. However it's not the kind that in my opinion that are horrendus. It has great versions of characters like Ratchet,Arcee,Starscream,as well as some intresting humans like Jack and Folwer.

It all has to do with opinions in the end and just to letyou know there's not a lot of positivty from a lot of people here when it concerns Prime. In fact lately it's one of the most hated shows. However it's really up to you and it's about opinons in the end so sure go for it! :thumb 

3. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    you could always watch videos of it on youtube. asking for other peoples opinions can warp how you view it. I like prime for various reasons but you have to find out how you like it on your own though. I can tell you that in my opinion the cons are probably some of the most enjoyable version i've seen. my personal favorite being soundwave

4. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    It's okay. Alot of things will probably make you mad if you warmed up to the character or plot. But it's an okay show.

And most of it's Decepticon cast is awesome. Autobots, they're okay. But a little dull.

5. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    He's right. Don't take the opinions of others as to whether or not you should watch the show - check out the first few episodes on YouTube, and if you like it enough, I say dive in and buy the first season. I like it enough to spring for the Blu-ray.

6. Driftveil

Trust me, opinions of others could never warp my views of something, I just want to hear what you guys have to say.

And I lied when I said I never watched an episode, I watched a half of one where one of the autobots, I believe it was Bulkhead, got a bomb strapped to him by someone, forget who, and Prime saves the day.

This will sound a tad stupid, but do you think the blue-ray will look that much better than the DVDs, considering it's an animated show, or do you think it will make much of a difference?

7. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    kind of spoiler: the end of season one is a giant copout.

8. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    Bro..I have the Blu-Ray version of Prime on season 1..And let me tell you that qualilty of that will blow your mind away! That is unless..You have a very good HD screen TV then your set either way. But you can notice the different lots in my eyes for ex: I was watching Cars on regular DvD and it was ok..Put in the Blu-Ray version..And I'm like woah..Why is the DvD version so blurry? Also if your into Graphic novels/comics I think the Limited edition of Prime on Season 1 is still out there for grabs if you want that book. It's just a bit of story between Arcee, and Cliffjumper before they arrived on earth.

9. soundwave142

News Credits:
    bluy-ray with prime is like ecstacy....

10. Leonis Prime

Leonis Prime Ai-Megumi's Man

The first season of any show can have its ups or downs, but TFP 1st season is very solid with only a few average episodes.

Especially when compared to clone wars which first season which was very average.

And $20 dollars for 26 episodes is a bargin in my book.

11. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I watched on the Hub and in iTunes in SD. Watching in 1080p is a whole new experience - vivid colors, details I never noticed before just jumping off the screen. The CGI is absolutely gorgeous, IMO.

If you like the show enough to purchase the season, and you have a Blu-ray player - I say get the Blu-ray version. It'll blow the doors off of DVD.

12. Driftveil

Hell, if everyone is saying TFP Blue-ray is like good psychedelics then it looks like I know what I'm getting!

Thanks everyone

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    It has the best Starscream, best Ratchet, best Arcee and best human - Agent Fowler.

14. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 Filipinooooooooooooo

News Credits:
    It's a good show. It has flaws but it is, in my opinion, one of the best Transformers series.

15. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

Its a VERY good show IMHO. Brilliant Character development, epic battles & the humans are even utilized well. U should get the DVD or Blu-ray if u can find it. Or if u dont feel like spending the money right now u can always watch the whole season on YT :thumb 

16. Molina00

Molina00 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Definately go for the Blu-ray if you have the means to play it, and if you have a 3D TV it's even better. Watching the blu-ray in 3D with the surround sound on is quite an experience. The blu-ray isn't in 3D obviously, but setting the TV on 3D still adds some extra depth to it.

17. Salty

Salty Fritobot

I don't have the Hub either so had to watch on YouTube. I still bought the DVD. It's worth it.

18. Driftveil

Yup. Blue Ray ordered and will be here on Wednesday. Can't wait, YEAH!

19. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    It's also in HD on Netflix. Whoops, you already bought the Blu-Ray.

20. soundwave142

News Credits:
    lol....