Prime Mode

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Chopperface, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I've had WFC for almost a year now, and today I finally was able to level up all my classes to Maximum 25. It felt great, that I finally achieved this after a year of working, playing and having fun with this game, reaching the unattainable Prime mode.

However, my satisfaction at my "victory" turned to horror and anguish... for now that I was a "Prime" with that snazzy Matrix of Leadership symbol by my name... I was back to Level 0. My classes were all gone. My abilities, weapons, everything was gone. Sure, I see the "promise" of what I think is a bunch of new challenges. But really, I feel stupid, since I could've just stayed at the maximum of 25, and kept everything.

Sure, I can do it all again... but good grief. It took me a year to get to this day... and I find out it's not all it's cracked up to be. Sigh. And I frankly don't know if I want to do this ALL. OVER. AGAIN.

So, is Prime mode really worth it? I haven't played since I achieved Prime mode. I know that there's no use crying over spilt tea... but I'm a bit dumbstruck at the moment.

2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Prime mode levels all classes up at once as you play, or something like that IIRC. I still have about five levels left on my Soldier before getting there.

3. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well, to be honest, if you didn't take prime mode, you may have quit wfc anyway, patting your back and moving on. i enjoyed the game so much i had fun re-leveling all my characters back up. it was faster the second time around, because i was more experienced. after that i quit the game, unless friends were online

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not to sound harsh but you should have learned what Prime Mode did before you activated it.

I don't remember what it does completely other than the new challenges you can do. I Prime'd during a bonus xp weekend and quickly got my characters back up to high level.

In the end all I can say is just have fun. If you don't have fun playing the game any more, then turn it off. If you do, does it matter all that drastically that you have to level up?

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And a silver trophy (Prime Directive) or XBOX 360 gamer’s points, putting you that much closer to a platinum trophy or the XBOX 360’s equivalent to that.

6. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i am almost finished re-leveling them, but don't play much multiplayer anymore, but it is much quicker this time around

7. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    With how slowly you level I didnt even bother trying to get to 25 with any class. I can't imagine a little icon next to my name would make it seem worth doing twice.

I think by the time I was done with the online play my highest level was 14 or something.

8. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Does Prime mode make you stronger? Like, When you're on Prime Mode level 0, you're as strong as ordinary level 2 or something?

9. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Purely cosmetic. Prime mode is akin to the "Prestige" mode from Call of Duty. All it means is that you've maxed out your classes and are starting again, this time with a little symbol next to your name.

10. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    It'll be much quicker this time, especially with the 5 times XP they're doing. You can get like 15,000 XP in one match if you're good.

11. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

Nothing is new in prime mode, you don't have any extra strength, life, added abilities, or weapons. All you have is a symbol of the matrix next to your name. If you have completed all your classes to level 25 and you don't want to start again with prime mode, there's no real need to activate it, unless you want the symbol next to your name to look good compared to all the other players

12. shadowsfm

News Credits:
    almost true

13. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    it took me almost a year to get prime mode as well, but it only took 2 weeks to get back up to 25 on all the classes because of the x10 bonus in multiplayer

14. Agentknife

Agentknife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have never Primed. I have all classes at 25 & I enjoy the perks of level 25 characters. I just like playing the game and gaining altitude on the leaderboards. Unfortunately, not that many people play conquest anymore. In fact early lat week I went to play and the conquet player count said 1. So I played team deathmatch, it's player count was a massive 48 people. Alot of fun though. I am foaming at the mouth to play multiplayer on FOC.

15. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

Yeah, Prime Mode ruined the game for me (well that's when I quit playing at least). I knew that it reset everything back to 0 and thought I wouldn't mind, but I only leveled one character to like level 5 after Priming, and haven't played since.

16. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You also gain new challenges that give you exp.

17. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    can't wait for escalation on foc if it has it, if not, are you on xbox or pc? there's always at least 100-150 on conquest every time i play on ps3,

18. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

Ah yes I forgot , I never really look at the challenges tbh but yep apart from some new challenges, all is the same unfortunatley,
    I would have liked an increase of strength or life bars or something, maybe even jst the life bar filling up back to the top, rather than the segments, but nooo

19. shadowsfm

News Credits:
    off topic: in world at war i got prestige mode in a day. the game bugged on me so i went from level 16 to 65. whoops!

20. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    You're definetly right; I should've made this thread before I reached it. But I still love this game, and this is one hell of a replay value. I just felt a little annoyed that a year's worth of levelling up (there were long stretches of time when I didn't play it, mind you. I'm not that bad at WFC!) was back to zero. I still have tons of fun playing this game.