Prime meets "Bayformers"

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cranckasional, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Cranckasional

Cranckasional Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Before I begin I just want to make it clear that I loved "Bayformers" (except 2 but oh well) so, try to see things from my position.

In my shelf I pretty much have all the movie characters, and I LOVED collecting them but now that we've are at the end (?), I have this weird feeling that tells me: "there is some characters missing here (believe it or not I was a fan of G1 too but, never collected anything outside of "Bayformers" tho)". As I saw the Prime figures, I though that some characters would fit in with my Movie collection. I wonder if I am the only one who thinks this. The thing is that with DOTM messing up (not really, well to me) the scale, I wanted to ask you guys if ya could post pictures for size comparisons between Prime and Movie figures?? (both is robot and vehicle mode). I would also LOVE to discuss my idea here of which Prime figures fit in with a Movie Collection.

2. fleshling

fleshling Well-Known Member

I thought that Bulkhead would fit in pretty well.

3. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i didn't think they would fit well, as they have way too many smooth panels for a movie collection, not enough exposed innards

4. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I guess if wrecker Leadfoot is in Bulkhead can fit as well. They have a similar look.

As I understand the OP wants to fill out the movie line with TFP figures. I think Bumblebee may actually be better than the movie deluxes and the face isn't too far off.

Soundwave may be better as well. Hopefully the upcomming Ratchet and Wheeljack can pull it off.

Unfortunately the rest like Starscream may look too cartoony to fit. Especially the face.

5. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah I have to agree that they don't really mesh well. At least that's my opinion. TFP is clean and smooth. Movies are just piles of metal.

6. Cranckasional

News Credits:
    THIS is True, I am not even going to lie about it. To me tho, I would be able to deal with it, again I guess its personal opinion. Anyway some of the movie figures did have these smooth surfaces, I dont really mind. To be honest they would fit in better than Fallen does, No matter what he still looks like a bionicle mash up..

7. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I dont think TFP figures would match bayformers at all. While they have some similiarities TFP is really a cross between the movieverse and animated aesthetic i feel that they look to cartoony to work with movie figures. Figures like arcee and Bulkhead seem to be a bit more movie inspired the head sculpts just would not allow me to display them with movie figures.

8. Cranckasional

News Credits:
    Bumblebee would but considering I have 2 of him, a 3rd one is not on the list. Bulckhead looks pretty sick, I think he would fit in well, only drawback MAY be the size. As for wheeljack; he gives me a more Drift feeling than wheeljack.

9. Cranckasional

News Credits:
    I know this goes against ALL G1 Logic, But (to me) it would be sick if they repainted Cliffjumper in a blue color so that he looks similar to the car Sam and Epps ride in DOTM.

As for Voyager prime, instead of using a version of movie prime and repainting him black for a scourge/Nemesis Figure, if they repainted Voyager Prime Optimus Black. To me he would look good against my voyager movie optimus prime.

I'd pass on soundwave and Ratchet, maybe Wheeljack; not sure.

Am wondering if I replaced Prime arcees head with rotf chromia head, if it would give her a more movie feeling....

10. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's what I think as well. Leaning quite a bit more towards animated with a few dashes of movieverse styles sprinkled in.

They're actually probably going with my animated collection until I can find other space for them.

11. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I can see this. Even though my area has not gotten the toys yet the pics and videos i just cant see forcing them into a movie display. As for animated due to the extreme similarities with prime especially the head designs and the flat panels and smooth lines and a little more curvy they would look pretty good together.

12. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Here's animated Bulkhead with my leader Prime.

2011-11-20 003.jpg

TFP BH should look better except he'll be shorter.

13. Rexidus

News Credits:
    TFP Voyager Bulkhead is taller than Animated Bulkhead.

14. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

You are correct of course. I forgot to specify that it is animated leader Bulkhead in the picture.

15. Rexidus

News Credits:
    My apologies. I didn't pay attention to Animated figures.

16. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

i'll definitely get arcee to display with my movie figures.

otherwise i love the Prime show and i really like the figures but i'm not going into the collecting unless they make everybody in a close scale. (